Saturday, August 2, 2008

Gettin' Buggy with it!

So here are more photos of bugs, and before you think I'm completely boring for taking pictures of insects-let me explain why it's like "Bug's Life" on here! I'm entering a photo contest where the photos have to be of landscape or nature, and since I like macro photos, I have stuck to taking pictures of bugs and flowers. I do like taking pictures of nature-way more than of humans! I take hundreds of pictures of my kids though-they don't "bug" me because they know how to pose. That's what happens when you grow up with a camera in your face!
I headed out to my Mom and Dad's house this morning-because they are never in short supply of bugs-right Aub?! I was in picture taking heaven! I could have done it for hours-but Allie & Easton were done after about an hour. Oh well-I still have time before I have to turn a picture in. Here are some of my favorites from today.....
Does your grandpa have a tractor??:)

Ladybug,Ladybug, fly away home


GO BEES! :)
I LOVE butterflies

So here is a funny/weird story! This dragonfly followed me everywhere-not joking! And it was like it was posing for me-because it would shake it's wings and then just stare at the camera. If I moved location, it would fly over to me. I took so many pictures of it because it just sat there. At one point, I held out one finger and it flew onto it! I almost broke out in song like I was in some Disney movie! Then I started to get nervous(I'm superstitious) wondering if this dragonfly was trying to give me some cosmic message? Don't laugh!-have you ever been followed by a dragonfly? Didn't think so! Maybe it thought I was a relative-some mean boys in grade school use to call me bug-eyes! haha! Anyway. ..here is my winged friend.

Bug-eyed!




Make sure to leave me your email addresses-I'm going private in about a week. Thanks!

3 comments:

Jessica Thomas said...

Love it . .. who did you call bug-eyes? That could be very creepy!

Anonymous said...

luv em Nicole!! Great JOB! =)
What camera do you have? the same as Aubrey's?

I love my macro lense too----funny about almost breaking out in song with the butterfly...LOL!

Lindsay Spencer said...

That is so funny! I do feel like things are trying to give me a message. But probably a little more than I should. LOL I got my camera today. So be watchin' for my pics. I might need to call you and get some pointers on this thing. It's hard getting used to a new camera.

Great pictures!