Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ballerina Girl

So Allie started her 4th year of dance last Tuesday ....WOW! She really enjoys dancing so I have kept her in it every year since she was 3. A new ballet studio opened in town called "Classical Youth Ballet" and the owner is Michelle Jackman. I decided to enroll Allie for one year of solid ballet to help improve on her basics-ya know...point your toes, first position, bar work, etc. Anyway, she went last Tuesday and is in LOVE! The teacher is amazing! She is so sweet with the kids, but she is serious about them learning ballet. They have to wear black leotards, pink tights and pink ballets and hair MUST be in a bun. I loved it! After one day she was showing me first,second, third position and doing(or trying is more like it) leaps (grande jeté's). I'm beyond impressed! If you ask Allie she will tell you that she is going to be Odette in Swan Lake...(she says this very dramatically as she leaps around the family room!). Michelle said that if Allie works hard enough she can try out for Ballet West's Nutcracker when she is 8. We will have to see! My mother, who did ballet and even got on pointe, is OVER THE MOON. Sometimes I think Allie was supposed to be my Mom's.... I was never that lady like! :)

I love what they wear....and I LOVE the bun. Classic.



When Allie came out of class she told me that her teacher can dance like Barbie in The Nutcracker! haha! She also said that she likes this kind of dance because it's how a princess would dance. Well....if the crown fits!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE! SUPER cute! I love the traditional Bun, and how they all have to wear the same thing.

She is new iN brigham huh? I think she is renting from my parents in the old hotel on main street? If thats who it is, I have talked to her---she was telling me and my mom what she is doing and about her studio---it sounded super darling!!!! :)
I like the first picture, how she is poseing with her toe...lol

Cute little girl Nicole! The crown does look like it fits...

Girls Rule said...

Allie, our little dancer!! We love it! We would be front row at the ballet concert (if that is what you call it) I'm glad she loves it she will be perfect pointer and can teach the rest.

The Sumkos said...

She looks beautiful! Can't wait to see her in ballet, I've seen everything else! She is so cute and by the way, she has gotten sooooo skinny lately. Are you feeding her or is it the loose teeth, ;)!!!

Jessica Thomas said...

What a beauty. She is so cute Cole. I love it and can see her twirling her way to Broadway. It is so magical!

Lindsay Spencer said...

Well Nikki will be so impressed. I'm signing Kelsey up for the new dance place called Turning Pointe. It's not as intense. I'm not in any way wanting to live the dance world with Kelsey. I've seen enough with Nikki to last 5 lifetimes. LOL! But Allie is a darling ballerina. I love the bun too. I can just imagine the pictures you'll be taking. I learned some cool lighting techniques in Photoshop I'll have to show you.