Friday, July 25, 2008

No Place Like Grammy's

On Wednesday me, my mom and my kids traveled up to Idaho to visit my Grammy and aunt Connie. It was such a nice day to just sit and visit with them. The few days before we went up there, Easton kept asking when we were going to see, "Sammy Mel and Tonnie too?" And now that we are home they keep asking when they get to see them again. Luckily, we see them in a week at Talan's baby blessing.

My grandma lives in an assisted living center-that is SO nice. I'm not kidding-I'm thinking that I might take a vacation(or run away) and go to Grammy's place. The idea of someone doing ALL my laundry, painting my toenails and bringing me fresh ice water twice a day, sounds like pure heaven to me right now! She has so many friends up there...I kept teasing her all day that she was like prom queen of the place. Everyone knows and loves her. We couldn't walk two feet without her stopping and talking to someone. You can't not love my grammy though. She is sweet, fiesty, huggable and she would fight to the death if anyone said anything bad about her family. She lost my grandpa ten years ago and I know she misses him a lot, but she carries on. She is such a great lady and someone I look up to for many reasons. We love you Grammy and Connie!

Me, my kids and Grammy Mel. Thanks for making me feel tall grammy!! hahaha! We like to tease her about her height!

People always comment on how dark my kids eyes are....now you see where it comes from!















I thought it was funny that my mom and Allie were color-coordinated. Look at my mom....she is fifteen. Rock on Grandma Retta!


Aunt Connie-oh my kids love her! She teaches kindergarten and I should pay her a fee because she is kind of like an amusement park for my kids. She is too much fun! When I was younger, I use to go and stay with her in the summer and it is Connie who taught me a love of musicals(and Gary Morris-haha) and how important an education is. She laughs more than anyone I know. Connie has also recently lost 95lbs! Can you believe that? When I asked her how much weight she had lost, she said, "I lost Nicole Richie." I love her! I kept calling her itty-bitty all day. We are so proud of you Con!
This is my Grandpa. My Dad's dad. Like I said earlier, he died ten years ago. I just wanted to put a picture of him on here. This is a picture of a picture that actually worked. That is what I call one handsome grandpa......he looks like my Dad and brother.


We all went to eat at Sizzler because Easton wanted, "salad with lot of tawns!" (croutons) I'm afraid that Sizzler may have lost on their end of the all you can eat soup and salad bar. My kids ate at least one whole watermelon. (not kidding.) By the end of lunch, Allie's shirt looked like it had been assaulted by a watermelon and Easton kept saying, "I'm stuffed up!"

Grandma telling Allie a story about me when I was her age. Look how into it they both are. I found this moment to be very sweet. My grandmother and daughter-I'm glad that I still have a grandma for Allie to know and love. We met alot of grammy's friends while we were up there. I'm telling you....she is little miss popularity. Her and her closest friend could have their own sitcom. They were hilarious. In the picture below they were teasing each other and my grandma is bent over laughing. I'm so glad she is happy.

It was so nice to spend the day with Grammy and Connie. I love spending time with family more than anything else and that's good....cuz I'm kind of stuck with them for eternity!! :)


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol--that pictures of your grandma bending over laughing!! THATS soo cute!
made me laugh!!
I love those pictures of the purple flowers with the bumble bee....GOOD JOB!

ps...I love your hair :)