I took this picture at the fireworks...cool huh?4th of July is my second most favorite holiday of the year. I love that there are no gifts, no stress...you just throw on your shorts and enjoy the noodle salad, barbecue and of course...fireworks!! We didn't go anywhere this year, which is unusual, but it was so nice to hang at home. This year I made my kids and Paul wear matching/coordinating shirts for the 4th. Total dork fest, but hey-I'm a mom so I can get away with this kind of stuff.....; )
Paul & Easton in the "boy" shirts. Paul agreed to do this, but only because they got to wear Polo shirts.

Me and Allie on the other hand....we proudly rocked our $2.50 Wal-Mart collection t-shirts! (Funny story: I wanted us to wear white shirts(no other color would work!), but they didn't have anymore white ones in the women's section-but they did have one in the little girls department. So on the 4th of July, I was wearing a shirt that was supposed to fit a 10-year-old little girl. Needless to say...it was a snug fit in the chest area!! I gave a whole new meaning to "Oh, say can you seeeeeee!" hahaha!!

Allie took a picture of me and Paul. She is always wanting to use my camera....
These two were so fun this year. We all walked to the fireworks....(no stroller!) He had a hand, I had a hand...easy, easy-and they both have caught my love for fireworks.
Watching the fireworks with the grandparents......

I started a new tradition this year. Everyone came over to my house after the big fireworks in town and we did fireworks in my drive-way. Anyone can come...I'm going to do it every year and the only requirement is that you have to bring at least $40 in fireworks, (preferably illegal ones!! )
I hope you all had a great 4th! I have to go pack now for Young Women's camp(wahoo.) I can't remember the last time I slept in a tent with a bunch of teenage girls...oh wait, yes I do. It was in 1992. This will be interesting...wish me luck!!

Me and Allie on the other hand....we proudly rocked our $2.50 Wal-Mart collection t-shirts! (Funny story: I wanted us to wear white shirts(no other color would work!), but they didn't have anymore white ones in the women's section-but they did have one in the little girls department. So on the 4th of July, I was wearing a shirt that was supposed to fit a 10-year-old little girl. Needless to say...it was a snug fit in the chest area!! I gave a whole new meaning to "Oh, say can you seeeeeee!" hahaha!!

Allie took a picture of me and Paul. She is always wanting to use my camera....
These two were so fun this year. We all walked to the fireworks....(no stroller!) He had a hand, I had a hand...easy, easy-and they both have caught my love for fireworks.
Watching the fireworks with the grandparents......
I started a new tradition this year. Everyone came over to my house after the big fireworks in town and we did fireworks in my drive-way. Anyone can come...I'm going to do it every year and the only requirement is that you have to bring at least $40 in fireworks, (preferably illegal ones!! )I hope you all had a great 4th! I have to go pack now for Young Women's camp(wahoo.) I can't remember the last time I slept in a tent with a bunch of teenage girls...oh wait, yes I do. It was in 1992. This will be interesting...wish me luck!!

2 comments:
Hey nicole, Fun and cute clothes. I am also getting (having) to go to YW camp. Hope they don't freeze my bra or something exciting.
Cute pics! Have fun at camp and good luck! Mom told me about the horse flies. :)
Post a Comment