Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holly Jolly.....

So here we go. I hardly ever have time to devote to this blog of mine. So many people have quit using their blogs and it makes me sad! I'm determined to keep this up-at least a little bit! There have been times that I go back through older posts and I am so glad that I have documented little pieces of our lives! So with determination I forge ahead... :)
~VEGAS BABY!!~
Paul decided to "mom-nap" me and take me to Vegas for a few days. It was so nice to get away just the two of us and this time we made sure to book a few shows because honestly, what else do you do in Vegas if you aren't a gambler? (I refuse to throw money into a machine when I could go buy a pair of shoes or an entire outfit.) We went to Cirque du Soleil's Mystere, which was FANTABULOUS! Yes, that good! My mouth didn't close the entire show. I would tell anyone and everyone to go see it while in Vegas. Then we went to Phantom of the Opera. People thought I dragged Paul to this, but truth be known he actually likes going to the theatre. I guess I kind of lucked out that way because I LOVE going to shows. I'll tell you what though, Vegas has really decided to sell "SEX" everywhere they can. I don't seem to remember it being that bad but man has it gotten crazy! I can tell I am getting older because at one point as I watched a girl dance on a pole inside the lobby of our hotel(no joke) I kept saying things like, "What do you think her parents think?" "What made her decide to do that?" "Doesn't she know what these gross men are thinking of her?" "Thats it-I'm taking her home." Paul was like, "She probably makes more money than I do and she isn't a stray cat! You can't take her home." hahaha.....The best part was just being able to have hours and hours of discussion without "the little people" interupting or listening to us. It was fun. :)

This was at Mystere.
We stuffed our faces the entire trip! I think this was at the Cheesecake Factory. Me and Paul LOVE eating out. When people ask me what we like to do together I always say that we like to eat out. People laugh...but I'm serious! Its a hobby and we are GOOD at it. :)


Bellagio? Can't remember....



One of our many "self-portraits" We took a million like this.



The infamous sign...

Another one.....
We were watching the fountains and Paul snapped this. It ended up being my favorite picture of the trip.


At Phantom. You don't even want to know how many people we had to ask to get this one decent picture! People are camera-stupid I've decided. Its frustrating to me. Anyway....will you just please see this show if you are in Vegas? So fun and I'm STILL singing the songs.


We stayed at Planet Hollywood and each room is "themed" We got the Miami Vice room and Paul just thought it was hilarious that Don Johnson was above the tub. So weird.


Didn't work this time....hahaha!



The big "5"

Easton turned 5 on November 22. He got to have his first big boy birthday party-Transformer style! We went to Beehive Pizza and they all had a ball. I kept looking at him all day thinking, "Where has it gone?" Where did my tiny 6lb 10 oz,wrapped in a blue star blanket, baby go!? I have issues with how fast my kids are growing up. I fight it every step of the way and I'm pretty sure that one day I will need therapy to deal with it. Easton acts so old anymore! Today I asked him what he wants for Christmas and he said,"Um...my own golf clubs. And a digital camera." WHAT?! You aren't 50! Your five! What about a remote control car? Army guys? Another transformer? Nope. Golf clubs it is. I asked him if he wants a retirement fund or some Benefiber to go with those golf clubs. Geez! He will be moving out on me before I know it. :( Happy birthday Bubba!
The Transformer Pinanta! Easton carried this thing all around the house days before the party. He loved it. We let every kid take a whack at it and finally Paul had to break it. haha!
Opening of the presents. Such cute little boys.


He thought he was famous....



Each one of them got to make their own individual pizza and then watch it go through the oven.

Optimus Prime
The gang...




What else?.....
I put up my Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving and didn't regret it for one minute! It takes me days and days to get it all up so I figure it all needs to be up for at LEAST 5 weeks to make it worth it. I even put up a second tree in my downstairs family room. We are kind of Christmas obsessed around here. My kids are getting old enough to be so much fun at this time of year. Lots and lots of traditions are getting started and they are really getting into the "magic" of the season and I enjoy creating a place for these memories! By the way, have you tried these?......

Oh they are to DIE for!! Any willpower that I have immediately dissolves around these babies! Go get some-they are only around at Christmas time. Here are some of my "holiday favorites" that just make Christmas what it is!! (Its long...)
Carpenters Christmas album. Sounds like my childhood!
Christmas Trimmings Salt City candle. Makes my house smell SO yummy. My second favorite is Pepperberry Wreath. I won't divulge how much I spend on yummy smelling candles at this time of year!
Chocolate covered orange sticks
My fire-place!
Judy Garland's version of "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" Makes me cry every single solitary time I hear it. (Its on my playlist...go down and listen to it.)
Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye in White Christmas. Also reminds me of my grandparents and my childhood.
Homemade sugar cookies.
Rocking my baby to sleep by the Christmas tree. :)
Five stockings hanging in a row.
Reading Polar Express.
Singing along with John Denver and the Muppets at the top of our lungs in the car.
SNOW!!
Christmas jammies.
Talking about the birth of our Savior.
Hot Cocoa machine.
Finding that perfect gift to give!
My red&green Christmas lights. Makes my house look like a gingerbread house.
Singing Christmas songs in church.
Willard Bay lights.
Yearly Christmas ornaments for my kids.
Making Gingerbread houses.
Sending Christmas cards.
The arrival of our Christmas Elf.
Advent calendars.
Getting together with family.
There are hundreds more.....but I'm tired and ready for bed! Hope you all have a merry, merry Christmas!!

0 comments: