Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Confession..


Usually I'm pretty dang good with money, but every once in awhile I get *ahem* a little spendy. That being said, I had one of these "spendy" moments(ok~more like 4 hours) last week while decorating the kids bedrooms. I won't say how much damage I did but I will just say that their rooms are going to be RIDICULOUSLY cute! I got caught up in the moment~ok? I couldn't stop! I was having pottery-barn inspired visions! (It was beautiful....)

The fact of the matter is that there are a few stores that are like crack/cocaine to me and I should just stay away at all costs!

ANYWAY.... I showed Paul the loot, because even though I may have a slight addiction, I am by no means a hoarder,liar or sneaky person. (Well that and lets face it: He would have seen my paper trail in the checking account. I HAD to tell him!)
Here is the worst part. Wanna know what he said? NOTHING! What he did was even worse! He worked all Saturday on his "side" money making projects.(Someone has to foot the bill for my inspiration spending.) UGH! I swear I could FEEL every sound his power tools made and the same thought came to me over and over all day........

"I'm an ass. A spendy ass."

(excuse the a-word. but that is the only word that came to mind about myself at the time.)

I {heart} Paul. He deserves a shout-out. He deserves a shout-out just for living with me.This morning I elbowed him in the ribs just because he was on my "side" of the bed. {????}
I'm like that sometimes. And thankfully, most of the time, he likes me anyway. :)


*I have since hidden the debit card from myself. I just hope I don't tell myself where it is the next time I have a "vision".*

3 comments:

Tori said...

You kill me! You're so funny!!! I want to come see the bedrooms when you get them all finished...

amy morgan said...

You, my friend, are not alone! Sometimes ya just gotta go on a binge and get it out of your system! It's all good ;) plus, it makes it easier to be "good" for the LONG while between binges!!

Jessica Thomas said...

Well . . . I'd love to see the evidence. It's like a bad car accident - you just have to look at the damages and I CAN'T WAIT to see what you've done. I'm sure it looks amazing! PB is my killer - you should see my Christmas list - it's a little ridiculous - OH WELL! Love you Cole and all of your craziness =)