Well........I did it. I took my first load of "baby stuff" to the DI.......*silence*
(insert crickets chirping here)
I didn't like it. Not one bit. As I pulled away and I saw her baby swing(which she hated) and the bumbo chair(which she hated) and a bunch of other things(of no consequence whatsoever) I felt like bawling. After Allie, I saved EVERYTHING. I knew more babies were coming-hopefully. After Easton, I saved a lot because the third baby was an..."option"- hopefully. So I have never really had to do the walk and dump of my baby memories at the local good will. BUMMER. I didn't like it. Not one bit. So on the way home (after getting a Dr. Pepper for me and a Cherry Sprite for Allie, because caffeine will cure almost any heartache) I began to think that I just took my first step to being completely done with having babies. Darn it. I love babies. I love my nine-month old even more. I love my kids! Darn it. So in my mind I began to count up the reasons why its good to be done having babies.
1. I don't really want to be that sick ever again in my life. The first few months with Olivia was pure hell. Seriously. I couldn't eat. I couldn't poop. I couldn't stop throwing up. Not attractive...not one bit.
2. I don't want to drive anything bigger. The Tahoe (while I love it more than any vehicle I've ever had) is HUGE for me! I'm 5'2.....and its a long way up there! The other night Paul said, "I want to get a new Suburban." I stared at him in horror and said, "Your joking. Paul, we are lucky that I haven't done bodily harm to some innocent shopper at Wal-Mart. I just honk and hope everyone moves out of the way because I sure as heck can't see them behind me." He said he would buy one with a back-up camera. I said, "No thanks." But then again, if he buys a suburban thats just more room for another baby......hmmmmm.
3.I really believe my body can't do it again. Back to the height issue. 5'2" (5'7 with the right shoes) is not very much room to cram another human being into. I've had every ancillary organ taken out after having my kids, I blew out my belly-button, my thyroid took a crap with Olivia....I just think my body is like Paul's commute car......its had ENOUGH!
(The fact that I just compared my body to Paul's car should be enough to send me running, screaming and demanding that my tubes be tied instantly, but then I look over at my fat,deliriously happy baby eating fruit puffs in the high chair and I think.......MAYBE??) *sigh* Besides that....I still have my appendix. Who needs their appendix anyway? hmmm.
4. EXPENSIVE. Its not cheap to have babies and in my case its not cheap to feed them. (Remember that I compare breastfeeding to date rape. Not pleasant. At all.) So because the ta-tas are decorative only.....I buy formula. At about $100 a month. Add diapers and wipes and clothing and well....you get the idea. Pricey.
5.I would have another girl and lets face it: That's just a lot of hair. A lot of hair to do. A lot of hair EVERYWHERE. I do love their clothes though. hmmm.
I'm still sad. She did hate that swing though. She hated the bumbo. Flipped right out of it everytime I put her in it. It was a hazard. I HAD to get rid of it. Right????
Darn it.
Darn it.
*chirp-chirp*
I took down my Christmas....because we are going to Island Park snowmobiling. I'm excited for that, but my house looks like it needs Prozac. Its sad too. Stark. Barren. Welcome to January people.....the one month of the year when I think I shoud start an anti-depressant, but luckily February comes and I'm over it. I like getting flowers. :)Speaking of getting.....Christmas was fabulous! There was much "getting" and "giving" Spoils all around....its almost ridiculous. I will post pictures later. I will tell you this: Paul is now going to be doing a lot of skiing at Powder Mountain, thanks to me. :) We are putting Easton in snowboarding lessons and he is so excited. I asked Allie if she would come skiing with me(In our family, the boys snowboard and the girls ski I guess?)and she said, "Um.....never." Okaaaay. I guess I should help her conquer her fear of elevators before I try and throw her on a ski-lift.
My two favorite gifts haven't left my feet....

or my hands.....
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!! :)

2 comments:
Next time you are planning a trip to the DI with baby stuff CALL ME first!!! I could have used the swing and the bumbo both!!!
Sad! It was horrible when we got rid of all our baby stuff. Horrible. Hated it. Now you will probably have another...that is just the way it goes. Love the boots.
Post a Comment