Ever heard of a umbilical hernia? Well......I have one. How nice for me! Apparently the wall of my stomach after housing three babies is like a well worn leather loafer and beginning to show the wear. A small tear formed behind my bellybutton and now about one inch of intestine is trying to escape. NICE! Not to mention painful. SOOOOO! I get to have surgery. On my bellybutton. :) I think this is my body's way of throwing in the towel on childbearing. Not that it hadn't tried to give me several clues before. After Allie were the blinding migraines that would leave me speechless(literally) and writhing on the floor in pain. After Easton my gallbladder decided to hit the road and now sweet Olivia turned my innie bellybutton into an.....outie. Things that make you go hmmmm..Today because of my belly pain I layed on my bed with Olivia and watched her drift off to sleep. I stared at her for a long time marveling at the fact that I made her. (Well, not that I made her...but you get the idea.) I love being a mom. I love staying home with them. I like that as I layed there on the bed and watched her breathe, I could hear Easton singing along with Curious George in the family room. I love that Allie comes through the door after school like a mini-hurricane. Loud, excited and always demanding a snack.
Someone last week in Allie's class educated her on the story of "Blood Mary." In turn, we spent the next few nights explaining to Allie AND Easton that she isn't real and doesn't in fact live in our mirror. *sigh*
Tonight Easton prayed for me to get feeling better, for Allie to not eat all the snacks(?) and that Paul won't get fired. haha...
Olivia is for real crawling now. No more army crawl. Sometimes when she sees Paul she says, "DA!" We got excited thinking she was saying Dad....until she looked at the table and said, "DA!"
Paul's grandma had a 95th birthday party. Allie sang to her. Olivia stared at her and Easton ate his weight in food.
Good times....:)

2 comments:
Good luck with your surgery .. . I hope it feels better FAST! What a good mom you are - - I might have been tempted to lay there cursing the cute little ones for breaking me, instead you found some silver linings! Good job. That alone earns you a quick recovery.
Sorry. The above comment was really me .. . one of my "cute little ones" did not sign out of his account. oops.
Post a Comment