Thursday, May 15, 2008

Singing,Dancing & Dinosaurs!

We have been crazy busy this last week. In six days we have had a singing concert, soccer game, mother's day program, dance recital, school field trip and a kindergarten program! It has been a lot of fun to see our little girl performing....but we are tired!!! It got to the point that Allie was like, "Are we doing stage hair today Mom?" Poor girl-I'm sure there is a build-up of hairspray residue in her lungs from all the ratting and spraying that we did to get ready for her recitals and pictures! Here are a few pictures of the week.



Allie absolutely loves her singing class. She loves anything to do with music and performing...so obviously, its her favorite activity. She told me the other day that she was going to grow up and be Glinda, the good witch in Wicked. (No, she hasn't seen the play, she just loves the music.) I told her that she should do it, but that she should be Elphaba(my favorite). Her reply? "Mom, I CAN'T be the green witch. I have blonde hair....and I'm not wicked!" Oh....okay then. : )


Next came the dance recital. Allie's dances were so cute this year. They danced to Fabulous from High School Musical 2 and then they tap danced to Rockin' Robin. She did such a good job! I love seeing her dance and I couldn't stop smiling and I'm sorry-but there is nothing cuter in the world than tights and tu-tus! She has a cute little style to her dancing and she even started to smile and make those dance faces while she was dancing! So funny!

This is when we were heading to the dance rehearsal. She told me that this was her stage pose! Rock on Allie-Cat.


This is her Rockin' Robin costume. I didn't get pictures of her "fabulous" costume, because we got professional pictures of that one. I will post that picture when we get it back. Here is a funny story-Easton has been wearing the feathers from this costume around the house, saying that he is a feathered dinosaur. haha!!We won't tell his dad.... Shake a tail feather!!


Big thanks to my mom, sister and Laura for sitting through the entire four hours with us. My sister is like 8mos+ pregnant and she still sat there not complaining once. I'm betting that she went home and used the preparation-H though!! hahaha! Your a good sport Aub, and I'm just warming you up for when you have your little girl!


Easton, Allie & Jacee B(Allie's best friend)


I went with Allie's class for their field trip to the dinosaur park on Wednesday. I took Easton with me, because he is crazy about dinosaurs, and also because I feel like he has been shuffled from one grandma to the next during this week. He had a great time impressing everyone with how many of the dinosaurs he could name. He informed a teacher that the Allosaraus used to live in Utah. (It did!) Yeah....he kinda takes after his dad in the brain department!


We are now done with everything! Wahoo!! There is nothing on our schedule but a summer full of swimming, camping and trampoline jumping!

3 comments:

Girls Rule said...

finally got on the computer!!! Cute pictures I love your blog. Funny stories with cute pictures.

Tori said...

I'm glad you made it through your crazy week! Allie looked great in all her costumes. I'm sure we'll be seeing you at the pool lots. Kaylee can't wait!

The Sumkos said...

Those pics are so cute!! I loved going to her recital and let's just hope I get a girl someday! :)