Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The music in her

I can NOT believe that Christmas is next week.  Today I bought my very last gift. Can I get a Hallelujah?! I am done, wrapped and ready......and broke. I'm not walking into another store until after Christmas.  Really.  Well, okay I might go for milk and that kind of stuff-but nothing else.


Allie's TaVaci concert was this last weekend.  She sang the solo "I'll be home for Christmas"
and did such a good job! The fact that she can stand in front of a crowded auditorium and belt out a song boggles my mind.  I. could. NEVER.  EVER.  I went and recorded the dress rehearsal because I wanted to be able to watch the real thing without worrying about recording.  We were so proud of her! We kind of all bawled like babies.  haha...



I figured out that this is our 7th year in Tavaci.  I put her in when she was four years old.  She was once  one of the teeny-tiny ones on the front row and now she is in the back with the "big" kids and singing solos. I feel like it went by so fast! I can still see her and her short curly hair prancing across the stage in her red and white dress.:( 
  I'm so glad there is something like TaVaci around here....so many places don't have performing/singing groups and she has loved it from day one.  I really and truly believe that it is part of the reason we were supposed to live here.  The first concert we ever went to was like a baptism by fire for me and Paul.  We never did any kind of singing group when we were growing up and it was unlike anything we had ever experienced. haha. It was like watching the primary program on crack. Think jazz hands and sequins.;)...but now seven years later, it just wouldn't be Christmas without the TaVaci concert.  It has become part of our  me and Allie's Christmas tradition and hooray for us....Olivia starts next year. HAHA...(Paul wouldn't say "hooray" he might use another "word") I'm happy she found something she loves doing so much and because she loves it, I love it.

"Music can help you draw closer to your Heavenly Father. It can be used to educate,edify, inspire and unite" ~President Thomas S. Monson

Then we had her piano recital.  Piano, piano, piano.  Most days I would tell you to NEVER under any circumstances put your child in piano.  NEVER.....and then I go to the recital and come out of there with my feet not touching the ground and feeling like every single bit/money/yelling/crying/nagging is worth it.  And it is.  100% worth it.  Tonight I would tell you to absolutely put your child in music lessons.  Tonight I would.  Also, I would tell you to find a teacher like Brienna.  Oh. My. WORD!  I have never in all my life seen someone play the piano like she does.  I cry every single time she performs for us at the recitals.  She is sweet, Allie loves her and she is good.  My biggest fear is that some amazing man will sweep her away from here.  I will die.  I will drive at least an hour to have her keep teaching Allie.  Seriously.  I love the kind of people that Allie is surrounded by in her love of music and there is a bond between people that love the arts. I have seen it-I'm not part of it-but I have seen it and I couldn't ask for better people for her to look up to.




*All comments were written post-piano recital high.  I reserve the right to retract most of these statements tomorrow afternoon when I have to make her practice. ;)

1 comments:

Tori said...

"jazz hands and sequins" hahaha!! You kill me!
She was amazing and this post almost makes me want to put kaylee in both singing and piano. almost...maybe we'll get there. Jason would be so happy if ours were in piano. Me, not so much. I remember being on the child side of the fights... but clearly allie loves it. Good for you and her! :)