Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Birthday & a Baptism

I'm going to go on record and state: "I don't like doing birthday parties."  Like....at all.  BUT-they are a part of childhood and so I step up to the duty when they are 5 years old, 8 years old....and maybe 12?(still trying to decide on that.) If you are one of those people that have a party every year, then my hat is off to you.  Also, if you are one of those people that throw a party for your six year old that is nicer than my wedding was....well, you have more money and time and energy than I do.  Again....hats off. ;)

So Easton turned eight and since his birthday was ON Thanksgiving this year...we had the party the Saturday before.

Here is the recap: eight little boys, my house, party games, a pinata, birthday cake and LOUD.  Very, very, very.....LOUD.  It was awesome.:)  It was......exhausting.  At the end of two hours I turned to Paul and said, "I need a cigarette"  and I was kidding.  Kind of.  ha.....but really, I think he had a fun time, so I am calling this one a success. 
Later that night he started to get sick-As in a fever of 103 sick.  All I could think is that I had accidentally infected most of the neighborhood. It was BAD. I've never seen Easton sick like this before.  It lasted over a week...he spent several days out of school and laying on our couch. He was sick on Thanksgiving and his birthday and he was NOT happy about that. ("This is the worst birthday ever! This sucks! Who is sick on their birthday?!")  It was miserable.  10 days and one round of amoxicillin later-he was back to normal. 

Anyway....here are some pictures from his birthday:

Cheap, easy......and he loved it. Even Paul was impressed. Sure beats paying $20 for a grocery store cake.


Set up and waiting on the guests.  Now looking back at these pictures he does appear to be very pale.:/
Pizza!
 
The flour tower game....always a hit!


 I have video of the pinata.  I swear....it's a miracle someone didn't get their head bashed in.  It was crazy!

The birthday gang!
 
Paul decided to give him his gift early.  The next few pictures speak for themselves. haha...
 
Then it was on to the baptism. This is the one and only picture I got all day. ha.....and this is courtesy of Paul's cell phone.  Oops.  It was an awesome day though. Both of his grandma's talked,Allie sang, both grandpa's were witnesses and we all got together at our house for lunch when it was over.  I think he felt special and I think he felt the occasion was special.  Again, I'm calling this one a success.
 
Just for fun, I thought I would put up Easton and Allie's baptism pictures together.  Man....I love their faces.  You can't tell they are related or anything, right? ha..;) 
 

0 comments: