Saturday, December 22, 2012

It's a freaking Christmas miracle!

See the new family picture up there? That my friends, is a modern day Christmas miracle. 

My family loathes, hates, despises family pictures.  Why? Oh because I turn into She-Devil when photographing my own family.  I can get awesome pictures of anyone else's families. Any ones! Children? Done and DONE!  My own family? Night. mare.  I usually have some grand "idea" of how I want it to look.  That "idea" almost never works.(It's actually never worked on family pictures)  Someone is always closing their eyes, or looking the wrong way(SQUIRREL!) or pulling that one kind of smile.  You know.....the one where you wonder if they are getting their picture taken OR have unbelievable gas pains.  Paul will have his eyes closed 5 out of 10 pictures.  Allie stays so posed that she begins to look like a mannequin(bless her heart...she just wants the treat that I have bribed her with), Easton is just annoyed....and it shows and Olivia refuses to look at the camera.  It usually ends with someone in tears, swear words and silence-as in no one is speaking to anyone. hahahaha...


So the fact that we got ONE SINGLE SOLITARY picture makes me so happy.  We hopped out of the car-I gave my mom the camera and said, "GO!"  and it worked.  Holy crap....it worked! I had to use photo shop to remove about 25 piles of horse poop..welcome to the country..but it worked! I like this picture. I don't hate this picture. No children were harmed, no violence was used and swear words were kept to a minimum.(ha..)  White Family picture 2012.  Don't expect another one until 2014. ;)



PS-I'm wearing heels and Allie is not. She is going to pass me up anyday now. We can almost share shoes.  BONUS! No more guilt for expensive shoes-just divide by two.  Not so expensive anymore! haha...

0 comments: