The last few weeks have felt like someone turned up the switch on life to high. We have all been running around like crazy-barely seeing each other, eating quickly, getting here and there at this time and that. I hate when its like that....hate it!....and this weekend seemed to be the grand finale of choas. Honestly, last night me and Paul collapsed into bed and just stared at the ceiling...debating if it was feasible for him to take the day off work. It wasn't. Ha...
We had Easton's baptism(post to come), his birthday the week before(post to come) and all that those events entail....and somewhere in the middle of all of this, Paul became determined to find us a new bedroom set. We have been sleeping on my bedroom set and matress(a queen..or full...we are still debating it. Yes, we can't tell. ha...) from high school. I never thought it was terrible...I really didn't...but I am also 5'2 and could easily sleep in a twin bed, but my six foot husband has been cramped and is now getting old(ha!) and needs more "support" hahaha.....
So-he found this set on ksl.com-the girl was going through a divorce and was basically just getting rid of everything in her house.(yay for divorce! oops....I mean, how sad.) I should pause here to tell everyone how I feel about ksl.com:
I hate it. ALMOST as much as I hate ebay. Call me a snob.....elitist......(although I'm pretty sure if I were those things...I wouldn't have tolerated my old bedroom set for so long. Touche?) Anyway, I don't like it. I hate that you have to call, THEN go see it, THEN decide, THEN go back and THEN(and this is the worst part)YOU HAVE TO MOVE IT YOURSELF.
Also, I'm pretty picky(as in I like things immaculate, no dings, dents, chips.....alright, that sounded a little bratty-I'll give you that one) and usually people's ideas of "barely used!", "like brand-new!" "Spotless!" is not my idea of those things. Not. at. all. I must interject here to tell a story about when we were house hunting: Our realtor told us about a "beautiful,immaculate,like-new" home that we had to see-just HAD to see it! That very house had a un-flushed turd in the toilet and boogers on the wall in the kids room. (did you like that visual?)
Wait...Where was I?
Oh!--So you get the idea. I like RC Willey. I like showrooms. I like delivery men. I. like. brand. new! (again with the snotty...)
The problem?....Our budget doesn't like brand new. It likes boogers on the wall.
SO-sell.ksl.com it was. Paul goes and looks at it. Says it's perfect(I actually trust him when he says this. He's lived with me for 13 years people...he KNOWS what he is dealing with.)
The problem? He had to go pick it up right after Easton's baptism. While he was gone, I had to tear apart our bedroom. I had 48 Wal-mart sacks full of underwear,socks and swimsuits. At some point I wondered if it would have been easier to move. (ps-for someone who claims to be SO clean...you should have seen the dust under my bed. Dust bunnies doesn't do it justice......Dust T-Rex's.....Rex's?)
Anyway....THEN-Paul finds new tires on ksl(wait? you can buy tires on there? apparently...) and he needs new tires on his car. He needs to register his car and needs new tires for the inspection(I should stop here and tell you to never buy new cars this time of year. Two registrations due...in December. Ow.) So he buys tires. Changes his tires. Now his old ones are for sale-in my garage (wait....you can sell old tires on ksl? apparently..)
We decide to give Allie our old matress and box-springs because it's newer than the one she is sleeping on. We haul her old matress and boxsprings out of her room(in the basement) and then take down our old ones. Once they are both in the room, we realize.....It doesn't fit. Her bed is a Full.....and that means ours was a Queen. (that settled that one...) So back up the stairs with our old matress and boxsprings and then back down with her old mattress and boxsprings.
I'm not going to lie. I said some swear words.
By Sunday night, this is what our garage looked like.
HAHAHAHAHA......and it is ALL still there. Do you want any of it? Well, go to sell.ksl.com and you can buy it! hahaha.....it's like the great circle of junk.
....and HERE is the new bedroom set:
and guess what? I LOVE IT!-it was knick/dent/scratch free AND it's a California King-so the old man's back is "supported" and I can assume my "sideways, fetal position" and touch no one. (that was the first time I've ever referred to Paul as "old man"...I like it.)
So the moral of this story is........well, there isnt' one, except for maybe I am now a converted fan of sell.ksl.com......but still not of boogers on the wall. ;)





0 comments:
Post a Comment