Monday, November 22, 2010

"Where you gonna put a tree that big, Griswold?"

Hahaha.........*sigh*.

*Note to self: When sending your husband to the store for milk a mere two days after Christmas, don't be alarmed at what he might bring home WITH that milk.

Like one BIG a@! Christmas tree. Yes.....that big.

We re-arranged our family room in a million different ways to try and fit this monstrosity in there. We got it. BARELY. I found the whole thing so hilarious that I fell on the floor and laughed and laughed. Paul didn't. He had just moved the couch, the TV and the recliner about four times each and he was getting just a little peeved. HAHAHA!! I still find it hilarious.

This was this morning. He just stopped and stared at it. Long enough for me to grab the camera.

Olivia was entranced also and surprisingly, she hasn't tried to touch or take anything off the tree. Of course, it hasn't been up 24hrs. yet, so give her time is my guess.

Look at how little they look standing next to it. Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree! I put out all my other "stuff" the day before. If this kind of stuff bores you-sorry. I actually love to see other people's houses and what they do for Christmas. The Santa that you see on my table has been with us since me and Paul's first Christmas. He's a staple. :)

Does this Christmas tree make my house look fat? ;) AAHHH!!! My favorite thing this year! My mother-in-law let me have this old record player that actually plays records and Cd's. I went to the DI and found all sorts of Christmas records that WORK! I've got Bing and Frank and Johnny and we have spent lots of time dancing around to the classics. This is where Olivia lays it down like Johnny Brown! I love how classic and old they sound with the popping and cracking.
The reason for the season. It took me forever to find a nativity that I really liked. I love this and so does Olivia-unfortunately. Day 1 and she broke the angel's hand off. Now she just points to all of it and says, "No!,No!" Oops...
Five little stockings hanging in a row.....
Christmas must reads!

Now back to getting ready for Bubba's birthday celebration! Pictures to come....

2 comments:

Tori said...

I love it! That tree really is huge!! We still have our $25 charlie brown pre-lit tree we bought back in the poor college days...it will be replaced during the after christmas sales! the decorations are all so pretty, makes me want to get mine out. i'm trying so hard to wait just a few more days...

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh i want your RECORD PLAYER!
lol
aren't they lovely?
i have mine on all day!!
:)
your decor is so PRETTY nicole.
:)