Saturday, November 6, 2010

The love of a Woobie.

*sigh* Have I talked about the woobie on here?

No?

When Olivia was born she refused to take the pacifier. I bought every brand of binky that is on the market to only find that she gagged on every single one. Allie and Easton LOVED their diggles. (Allie came up with that name at 9 mos.) I couldn't figure out why she didn't want one. I believed babies that took a pacifier were more content and generally quieter and judging by my own experience, I was right! I mean, Allie slept 12 hours a night at 3 mos old and Easton was about 5 months old when he did. Olivia? One year before I was getting a full nights sleep, people. :/
Enter: "The Woobie"

Just when I thought Olivia may have conquered the White gene for addictions and vices at an early age, she turned into Linus on me. Literally. All of a sudden she was dragging this pink blanket everywhere. She couldn't have a bottle without holding the woobie at the same time. She won't go to sleep without the woobie wrapped through her arm and up by her face. When we went to San Francisco, I threatened my mother with her life to not lose the woobie, because she won't accept another blanket. It's that one-only. When we get in the car, the woobie has to be tucked into the car seat with her. When she falls and hurts herself? Who does she run for? The woobie. And THEN me. Sometimes she can't find her blanket right away and it is the saddest thing you have ever seen. Panic. Stricken.

I can't even wash it. It doesn't leave her side long enough! It was once a pretty pastel pink and now it's a dingy gray. It's gross. And I'm pretty sure it has a weird smell. And I'm pretty sure that she likes the smell. Ew.

But honestly, I find it pretty endearing. I mean, there really is nothing cuter than when she pads around in her bunny footed pajamas holding a sippy cup under one arm and dragging the woobie behind her. It's cute. My child literally has a security blanket. Hmmm....I bet some would say it's because I didn't breastfeed her. To them I would say:"I bet your boobs are saggy." (That's what you call a tit for tat. HAHAHA!) Anyway...(slight digression there). ps-It's my blog and I can say tit if I want too. ha!
And don't even think that I am planning on taking it away from her. I'm not. I won't! And here is where Olivia is fortunate to be the caboose of our family. I'm in no hurry whatsoever to help her grow up. NONE. Take your time sweet baby girl. If life feels better to you with a pink/dirty gray woobie....well, then so be it! I'm sure your Kindergarten teacher, college roommates and husband will understand. ;)















2 comments:

amy morgan said...

;) Life is always better with a blankey!! (it's possible that mine is still always within reach, though hidden from the masses!)
TOO CUTE!!

Toree said...

I support her 100%! cuz lets be real, I still have mine..... its been mended a number of times, but it is has a little bit of the original left in it!