Bah-humbug.
I feel stressed. Harried. Maxed out. Stretched too thin. TIRED. I fall asleep on the couch almost every night after the kids are in bed and then I zombie walk back to my bedroom and crash. It's bizarre.
Part of it is the schedule we have been keeping with Allie's play. It runs Monday, Friday and Saturdays and on two of the Saturday's they do it twice. It is exhausting and the most rewarding thing at the same time. Me and Paul have tickets for every show. I used to feel sheepish admitting that until my sister-in-law said, "I get it. I wouldn't miss one of my girls games." She made a good point, so yes I paid an arm and a leg for tickets and I sit in the audience every night and almost pop open with pride. Step off. ;)
The other thing is the sickness that won't seem to GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!! For the last two weeks, we have been battling it all. It runs through our family(pardon the pun) like dominoes and we spent all of today and yesterday laying around taking a steady diet of Ibuprofen and Tylenol. This is rare for us. We rarely are sick at our house but we just can't seem to shake this bug. It's putting a damper on my holiday fun, for sure.
We have missed the last three weeks of church-two of them for sickness and another for a family party. This leaves me feeling uncentered, unbalanced and yes.....guilty. I can't help it. I worry about what people think when we aren't there. I know it shouldn't matter what people think-I'm working on that, but really, I like to go. The older I get, the more I need it. (And that isn't just some blog worthy quip).
I tried to be done with all my shopping by December 1-but this didn't happen. I was done with my kids and family a couple of weeks ago. Those are all wrapped and ready. It's the teacher gifts, neighbor gifts, visiting teacher gifts......
I realized today that I have five teacher gifts. FIVE! Annoying.
If I can make it to Saturday, I'm sure I will be back in Holly Jolly mode. For now, I'm going to go lay on my couch, watch the cooking channel and wonder what is currently attacking my immune system. Cholera, Scarlet fever, Swine flu.........whatever it is, its making itself right at home.
I am going to take a nap and try and resist going towards the light. ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment