Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Day in the Life...

6:30 a.m. - Up. As in me sitting up in bed wondering how I could justify sleeping in. No justification....so I stand up.

Wake Allie up(not an easy thing to do).

Make Allie's bed.

Together, pick out her outfit-again, not an easy thing to do! Lots of thought put into THE outfit. We settle on black leggings, skirt and black rhinestone/red flower shirt. Whew!

Get Allie into the shower.

Easton wakes up and I decide to throw him in there too. (They are still young enough right?)

Both kids out-dried off and dressed.

Waffles made, buttered, cut and syrup poured. One glass of milk. One glass of orange.

Olivia squawking for someone to get her out of the crib.

Get her a bottle.

Easton wants one more waffle-butter,cut and syrup....

Do Allie's hair-side ponytail with a great big red flower. Pick out black/white shoes.

Have her wash hands,face and brush her teeth.

Meanwhile.....pack her lunch. Love note from home included. :)

Wipe off Easton's face and put Olivia in car-seat.

Everyone in the car and we drive Allie to school, while drilling her on her multiplication(x2's)

Drive back home-get Easton ready for school.

Pick out show and tell.(Not an easy thing to do) I find a cool bouncy ball that lights up-he looks at me in horror and says, "Mom! It's pink! We settle on the LED re-chargeable hand crank flashlight. Whatever...

Shoes on, hair gelled, coat and backpack on, hugs and kisses.....leaves with carpool.

Gulp down multi-grain Cheerios and clean up kitchen.

Change Olivia's diaper and clothes

Make Easton's bed and my bed.

Put Olivia in the high chair with cheerios and Elmo movie and I go shower.

Use new shampoo. It smells heavenly. :)

Get ready for the day.

Make my bed and Easton's bed.

Check facebook. (a mom's guilty pleasure)

Check CNN.com

Start load of laundry(the first of at least five that needs to be done)

Notice floor of laundry room is starting to resemble the lint trap so vacuum and mop it right then and there.

Decide I better not stop and mop the kitchen and bathrooms as well. Cleaned the toilets while I was at it. Pat myself on the back for the roll I'm on.

Stop and notice that Adam Sandler is singing on Sesame Street. Weird?

Eat a piece of string-cheese.

Change laundry.

Change Olivia.

Notice its snowing outside-BOOOO!

Check my email, put a bunch of things in my "shopping cart" on my favorite website, but stop short of "continue to check-out." (Ever do that? I left it sitting there. Maybe I will buy, maybe I won't.)

Change laundry.

Force myself to do Jillian Michael's workout. (bleh...) Olivia watches me and laughs from the jumperoo.

Eat black jellybeans. (Yes, I love them. Yes, I'm the only person in America who does).

Vacuum downstairs family room.

Decide that we are buying an Oreck vacuum with some of the tax return. :)

Call and tell Paul that I refuse to move to California and live in an avocado green house with a gravel roof. (No, we weren't ever planning on it. I just wanted to be clear.)

Look outside and realize that I'm probably going to have to shovel the snow off my driveway. Re-think my stance on California. ;)

Easton comes home from school-loud,excited, obsessed with his "skull" and doing the pee-pee dance. (They are learning all about their bodies this week.)

Get lunch ready for all of us. Macaroni beef baby food for Olivia. Turkey sandwich with all the fixings for me and him. :)

Clean up lunch.

Help Easton practice writing his letters, name, numbers etc...

Help Easton set up the shooting game(Cabela's big game hunter) on the Wii .

Give Olivia a bottle and rock her to sleep. Enjoy her sleeping while I watch Paula Deen on Food Network.

Call visiting teacher.

Pay two bills.

Fold laundry.

Get snack ready for Allie.

Allie comes home from school-loud,excited and DEMANDING a snack. haha..

Listen to the tales of a second-grader. (Very amusing I might add).

Send her to practice her piano songs before her lesson starts.

Olivia wakes up-change her. Smother her bald head with kisses for awhile. Love that head.

Tell Easton to press pause and "GO TO THE BATHROOM!" (Serious pee-pee dance going)

Get everyone in the car and on our way to Piano lessons.

Drop Allie off, start a movie in the car for Easton, hand Olivia her toy. Pray for quiet for 30 minutes.

While waiting for Allie to come out, I read over my young women's lesson. Read the paper.
After 15 minutes reading-I piggyback on the teacher's internet network and check facebook from my ipod. :)


Bored.


Call Paul....he says he is busy working. I tell him that if he is in Florida any longer that we might end up paying Florida taxes. He says he has to go now, will call me later.

Out comes Allie-loud, excited and talking a mile a minute.

Back home we go.

I eat an apple. Pay the kids in jellybeans to clean up the toy room.

Start dinner in the crock-pot. Gotta love the crock-pot. Especially on Wednesdays.

Yell for Allie to get ready for TaVaci. Change Olivia.

Back in the car we go.

Drop her off at "Glee Club" hahaha...

Go get a fizzy beverage for me. gulp,gulp. The world looks brighter. ;)

Go to Smith's. Buy apples, lettuce, Eggo's, wet wipes and Parmesan cheese. Weird?

Pick up Allie-loud, excited and singing.

Back home we go.

Turn on my music in the kitchen. The kids run downstairs and I fix dinner with an 11-month old glued to my hip.

Dinner's ready!

Who will say the blessing on the food? Me! No! Me! Okay....you. GO! Amen.

Clean up dinner.

Allie gets out her homework. Arithmetic, reading and learning to spell: imagination and conservation. Finish homework and pack up the back-pack. (It's a messenger bag mom!)

Pick up family room: shoes, bags, toys...

Hang out in the family room and watch Olympics with the kids.

Call Paul.

Everyone in pajamas. Teeth brushed. Prayers said. Foreheads kissed. Lights out, nightlights on. GOODNIGHT!! :)

Bath Olivia. Pajamas on. Rice cereal. Play on the floor. Warm bottle and rocking chair.

Into the crib. Nightlight on. Music playing.

GOOD NIGHT!

Clean up the bathroom.

Get a glass of water.

Sink into couch and watch American Idol from DVR.

Check computer.

Take my vitamins.

Wash face/brush teeth.

11 p.m.-Say a prayer of gratitude because THIS kind of day is exactly what I grew up wanting my days to be like. I don't get paid. I'm not all that important. I'm not solving world problems......but I'm MOM and that means something to me. I'm shaping three little lives.....one turkey sandwich and diet coke at a time. ;) I wouldn't trade anyone else's day for all the money in the world. Can't wait for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tori said...

just reading all that made me feel tired, and made me realize that i might be just a little bit lazy...oh well. what is your favorite website that you shopped on?

amy morgan said...

LOVE THIS!
But, I do think you could leave out the bed making ;) Then I wouldn't feel so guilty!
What a good Mommy you are!