Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One Week

I'm feeling a little sad tonight. Tomorrow morning my baby will be one week old and I hate it! I'm constantly mystified by how my life seems to be flying by. I could almost bring on a panic attack if I think about it long enough. I just want time to STOP! Don't change-don't grow up! I want my kids to stay little forever, my parents to stay young always and my face to remain wrinkle-free! ;) haha.. One week ago tonight we were headed down to the hospital because my water had broke. (I was scheduled to be started the next morning) I have always had to get started so we were both in shock when I went into labor on my own. We were at my mom and dad's when it happened and it happened within minutes after receiving a blessing from Paul and my dad. It was so fun to go into labor like that! It was a lot like in the movies. Me and Paul were running to get my bags, running into each other and laughing, no giggling, like little kids! Apparently the snow storm that night had a lot of women going into labor, because when we showed up at the hospital and told them that my water broke, they looked at me as if I had done it on purpose. The look on the nurses faces was the same as the workers at McDonald's when you order a meal five minutes before closing! haha..

So, one week later, we are all basking in the light of this baby. She is the sweetest thing ever and none of us can get enough of her. She is doing all those perfect baby things like sleeping all day and partying all night, so while I am starting to feel the effects of sleep deprivation, I don't care...I can sleep when she is four! For now, I'm going to sit in my rocking chair and as my mom says, "let the world go by." I have a sweet newborn and I'm going to enjoy every moment with her.
Paul is in the height of his glory. I really wish everyone could see him and see what an amazing dad he is. He took all this week off work and has gotten up every night with Olivia and let me steal a few hours of sleep. He is such a hands-on-dad and I don't take that for granted. Last week after Olivia was born, I watched him hold her and I realized (not for the first time) how lucky I am that I have him to make these memories with. I'm so proud of the family we have built together...

Anyway, here are a few pictures of Olivia. She hasn't changed much in a week. She is still so tiny! She really is smaller than most dolls, but it won't stay that way for long the way she eats. :)


{Please stay little just a little longer!}

She looks so teeny tiny in her carseat. Oh, and the ridiculously HUGE bow is "baby-speak" for "Hello world...I'm a GIRL!" ;)

Eating with Dad....
A princess (aka...Allie) feeding her baby sister. Allie went to the play Beauty and the Beast and all the little girls dressed up. So, no...she doesn't walk around the house with this get-up on!
I love a newborns hands and feet almost more than anything.

In every ultrasound picture this is how Olivia's hands were. We could never get a real good view of her face. She sleeps like this all the time. So sweet!

4 comments:

Hyde Family said...

I know how you feel....I hate even when one week goes by because I know they are getting bigger and older. I just love this stage! She is adorable and I love the pictures of your kids holding her. They look like they are loving her just as much!

Jessica Thomas said...

Oh how sweet and precious. I'm so happy you are taking advantage of this great time. I remember feeling the same way with Gracie and it was magical. I haven't lost that with her and I know it'll be the same with you and Olivia. There's something about the last one . .. thanks for reminding me of the great blessings I have to enjoy every day! Love you Colee!

Tori said...

SO.STINKING.CUTE.

amy morgan said...

If you find the secret to making time STAND STILL, please tell me, too! I can't figure out how and desperatly need it to. . .
She's beautiful!