Sunday, April 26, 2009

One Month Old & Ramblings

Olivia is one month old today! She is getting so big-so fast! At her two week appointment, she went from 5lbs 15 oz to 6 lbs. 12 oz! I figure she is probably about 7 lbs now. Her cheeks are getting huge and I kiss them all day long. She has been such a good baby and last night she slept 7 hours straight. I'm always freaked out when a baby sleeps that long this early. I immediately run over and make sure she hasn't died from SIDS. I did this with Allie & Easton too. I'm such a different mom with Olivia. I don't know if it is because I'm 33 or because she is my last, but I am SO relaxed with her. She is already spoiled. I hardly ever put her down and I don't care. I NEVER let my other two sleep with me and now when Paul leaves for work I instantly put her in my bed and snuggle with her. Nothing annoys me! She can scream at me for two hours straight and all I can think about is how cute she sounds. It almost makes me feel bad for Allie and Easton-I was so stressed out and into a "schedule" with them. Olivia is reaping the benefits of a broke in(or broke down) mother. :) She will probably go to kindergarten in diapers and still have a binky just because I won't have the heart to make her do anything. haha... Anyway-we all love the spoiled little poodle!

Today we took Olivia to church for the first time. We didn't really have a choice, because Paul had to teach Sunday School and I had to teach Young Women's. I started getting everybody ready about four hours before church started and we were still late and I forgot the bottle. It was CRAZY! I'm in awe of you mother's with more than two kids! This is going to take some practice. I'm glad our church is at 1:30, or they may never see us again.

I love this dress. We bought this right after we found out she was a girl. I also love the larger than life bow and sadly, Olivia hates the bows. The minute she gets mad, she reaches up and pulls it off...WHAT!? Allie never touched hers-ever! Sorry, baby..the bow is one battle I WILL win. ;) She pulls this face all the time. I call it the "What you talkin' bout Willis?" face.


Oddly enough, I can see myself in her. (If I could get that bow any bigger- I would.)
I then tried to get a picture of the three of them. I didn't succeed very well. This was the best of about 20. As you can tell, Olivia hated every minute of it. This is pretty much how she feels about the "siblings" right now. They kind of smother her with love and she just screams her head off. One day she will realize that they are more fun than me. (Oh and yes, I color coordinated their outfits. So what?)



She still has this tiny little head. The headband flowers kind of make her look like she is wearing an old lady Easter bonnet.

She has learned how to do this VERY well... Miss Allie. I have decided to give up some of my control and let her dress herself on Saturdays. This is what she came up with. She is hilarious. (Notice the wand) She had on every piece of jewelry that she owns. I have recently recruited Allie as my walking partner. She loves to go and I love spending the one on one time with her. The world of a first grader is pretty entertaining to hear about.
She also understands her obligation and duty as the big sister to train Olivia to join the ranks of "princess mania" She was reading princess stories to her and then, ever so politely, showing her the pictures. I'm glad I had my camera right then.

And then there is Easton. He loves to hold his sister...but maybe just a little too tight. I'm always saying, "Let go of her neck!" She hates every minute of it. He has struggled a little bit with her arrival. Classic middle child stuff. Luckily, he was born to two middle children...so we get it. And we will get through it. Love his eyes...


Easton and Mr. C. We love this little boy! It is Easton's first real friend in the neighborhood and we just adore him. They are so funny together. They call each other cowboy and have the best sword fights in town. Easton just loves him and this is a big deal because Easton hasn't always played well with others...:) Oh stop it!....

3 comments:

Tori said...

So so so cute, all three of them! Ashlynn is always pulling her bows off too, hence she wasn't wearing it in YW yesterday. She does it because when she's mad she like to pull her own hair, and the bow gets in the way. Little stink! And I love that you color coordinated them for church. I totally did that with my girls the first few weeks. And now I put them in matching dresses when possible! You gotta have that kind of fun while you still get to control what they wear, right?

Jessica Thomas said...

All I can do is sigh. Hmmm. . .sigh . . . I'm so happy for you Colee. What a precious gift. Can't wait to meet her --and see you! Love you.

amy morgan said...

Love those bows . . .