Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wanted: A Little Sister.


So I took my kids to the park the other day, just to get them out of the house for awhile. They love going to the park and I love taking them, because I can spread out a blanket, drink a diet Pepsi, and sit and read a book-which I never do at home, too many things to do!! Anyway, I was deeply absorbed in my book when I look up to check on my kids. I spot them walking towards me and I notice that they have someone with them. In the middle of them was this darling red-headed little girl, just walking and holding the hands of my kids. I squinted to see if it was someone that we knew, but nope. Just some random, park-playing little girl. They walk up to me and Allie smiles at me like she just found money and says, "I found this little girl over by the slide....can we take her home? Could she be our little sister?" I'm not kidding. And the thing is, both my kids were looking at me with the same eyes they give me when they want Skittles at the gas station! (Skittles, little girls...same,same-I guess.) After explaining to them that this isn't the way it works and that this little girl already has a family, Allie looks at me (sad eyes again) and says, "But isn't she beautiful Mama...she looks just like Ariel." (Well, in that case...) haha!
We finally found the little girl's mom and headed for home and on the way,Easton says in the most serious/sad voice, "Ariel would have been a good sister." And to that Allie says, "Yeah, she was soooo cute. Bubba, we will keep looking and find another one."
Me and Paul had a good laugh about this later that night. Most kids find stray kitty's or dogs and want to bring them home...not mine! They want two year old little girls that resemble Disney characters. Oh heaven! Now wouldn't that be great if that's how the whole process worked?...."Ah, yes...I'll have a two year old little girl and a Diet Pepsi with Vanilla please." hahaha!!!

4 comments:

Tori said...

What a funny story! I can totally see the two of them doing that too. Maybe you need to get them a sibling. Wouldn't that be great fun, the two of us pregnant in YW together. People would start to wonder if something contagious was going around the yw room. I may have to send Kaylee over sometime. Would they settle for borrowing a little sister, even if she doesn't look like Ariel?

Lindsay Spencer said...

How stinkin' cute! Youre kids must have big hearts. They seem so sweet.

Jessica Thomas said...

Well, you know what that means. Guess you better get workin' on a little sister! YOu should have ten more. Your kids are too stinkin' cute, Colee!

Em said...

See, redheads are the cutest! Even your kids know it!