I have been looking forward to going to baseball games from the minute that I knew I was having a little boy-right? T-Ball has always been on the list of things that we would have Easton try. So when he got a bat and ball to start practicing with, the last thing we considered is that Allie would be interested in playing ball, but she has become obsessed with it! My kids have never fought so much as they have over that stupid ball and bat. (Its mine, no its mine, MINE!..uuggh!)
Anyway, we started pitching to Allie and she could hit the ball at least once out of every three pitches. My Dad, who was playing with her on Sunday, turned to me and said, "She needs to be in T-Ball." Well, I had never even thought about putting her in. She just always seemed too..........timid. But I called the city recreation office to see if I could still enroll her and I could! So last night, Allie had her first T-Ball game. She was so good (I'm her mom, so I can think this)for her first time! I kept looking at her out there, thinking is that really Allie? She was.....playing ball! When she was done she came running up to me and said, "Did you see how good I was Mom?! When can I play again?" She even had a ball hit her right in the face and woke up this morning with a swollen lip-she barely cried though, she just kept on playing. I think part(or most) of the draw to this sport for her is because she IDOLIZES Landi and Libbie and Landi is like a super-star softball player and whatever Landi does...Allie has to do it too! I'm so proud of her though, this is something I could NEVER do! If you throw a ball at me, I hit the deck with my head covered!! : ) Easton doesn't understand why he can't be out there playing with her and he even brought Allie's mitt to me and said, "See? It's mine. It has my name on it!" hahaha! Next year bubba!
I am posting some video and pictures from last night. Those of you who know Allie-will need to see it to believe it!
I am posting some video and pictures from last night. Those of you who know Allie-will need to see it to believe it!
Learning to throw the ball over-hand.

Learning to catch!

Getting advice from Dad in the dug-out.


5 comments:
The girls said "Allie You Rock" We will come see the superstar play ball. Fast running also. They were so happy to see you knock that ball out there. YEAH for Allie!!!! Let us know the game times.
I'm jealous. I wish Kelsey wanted to play ball. She looks like she's pretty good. How exciting to have a "sporty" girl.
That's so cute! I had no idea you had put her in t-ball. I never know anything these days! She's a superstar! That is going to be fun for summer.
That's my girl. I love it. Nothing like a girl that can hit . . . go Allie!
Hope you're great. I miss you! JT
That is SO awesome that Allie is playing! Way to go Allie
Post a Comment