Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ChRiStMaS TiMe!

December was the craziest, fastest month of my life! One minute we were eating turkey for Thanksgiving and the next it was Christmas Eve. Christmas is always the same.....yet always different and this year it never really felt like Christmas time to me. That may have something to do with the lack of snow. (grrr...) and since most of my Christmas presents had something to do with skiing...I'm praying fervently for SNOW-and lots of it!

At the beginning of the school year I switched Allie into a new piano teacher. She came recommended to me and I have not been disappointed. She is young-still getting her degree in piano teaching, but I have been impressed and have seen lots of improvement so far. (For $50 a month....I better be!)
Allie's favorite thing in the world is not piano-let's be honest. She would much rather sing, but she knows that she HAS to be able to read music and also sightread-so she keeps practicing at my insistence and she is SO much better at picking it up then I ever was. We have made a deal that when she gets to a certain level, then I will pay for guitar lessons. I point out to her all the time that Taylor Swift plays piano AND the guitar. ;) So anyway her new teacher had a Christmas piano recital and each student played a solo and then a Christmas duet. This was her duet...




Then it was on to Christmas. Our Christmas Elf, "Franky", arrived as he always does on December 1. We were at tithing settlement when he arrived and because we weren't there he entertained himself until we got home. (haha...) This is what we came home to......
Our Elf was a mischievous little stink the whole month!.....he drank my eggnog, played with Tonka trucks, hid in the freezer, swung from my pot rack,etc.... It was lots of fun and apparently our elf became quite the conversation with the elementary school bus crowd. ;)

Christmas Day!


One of my favorite parts of Christmas is sitting by the tree at night. I LOVE my tree.....even if it is ridiculously to big for our house. haha....I took this picture on Christmas Eve. Love!
Christmas jammies-on Christmas Eve!

Santa came!

Olivia's......Baby love! (She has since ditched the baby and put a stuffed cats in the stroller and pack 'n play.) haha..


Easton's......a rock polisher? Yup. Boys are funny. If you go down in my basement right now you can hear it polishing. I don't get it-at all, but he was SO excited to get one.

Allie's......Taylor Swift should send me royalty checks. The end. ;)

She got Taylor Swift's concert on DVD and she stands in front of the TV and strums and sings along with her. It's hilarious....until you have seen the concert about 7 times....

A new jacket and hat......and a missing tooth. :)

A hot-pink coat.....that I want in my size.

Easton came up with this idea all by himself and got Grandma White to help him to sew one up for him. Easton loves coming up with his own gift ideas. For instance, he gave me a micro-fiber dust mit, wash rags, dish towels and gum. HAHAHA.....
Cute Christmas face....



The first of 500 times we heard Olivia say, "NO! IT'S MINE!"



Taylor Swift perfume. $60. Smells like pineapple bubblegum......*sigh*

Easton gets so excited-like tackle you to the floor-excited. He is fun to "gift" because of his reaction.




"I SUNK your battleship!" :) :) :)


Bookworm!.....I think she got three new books this Christmas.




Lastly, my mom gave Olivia a pretty princess dress-up dress and a case of dress up shoes for Christmas. I walked by her room yesterday and found her like this. I HAD to grab the camera and I am so glad I did. Shoe obsession.....starts early and is hereditary. ;)
I took all my Christmas down today(including the lights-go Paul!) and we are now packing for Island Park or "the cabins" as my kids call it. I'm taking four books and plan on reading every single one! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

0 comments: