Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thoughts

So here I sit with a MILLION thoughts(random and useless at that)running through my head. Put them on the blog, you say? Well.....if you insist. ;)

First up: Why are people in such a hurry for Christmas to get here? I mean, I really, really, really(REALLY!) love Christmas too.......but for crying out loud, people! Right after Halloween? Party foul.
There was Christmas music playing on the radio when my trees were still FULL of autumn leaves. Having said this, I will admit that I do put my tree up a day or two before Thanksgiving but just because I like to do it before my kids are out for Thanksgiving break. I like to decorate and have it ready when they come home from school-you know, like "TA-DA!!!" (Disclaimer: if the weather looks Christmasy(yes, it's a word) than you AND I get a pass on decorating early, but no more than two weeks before Thanksgiving.) hahaha.... I put that because I just saw that it is supposed to snow this Saturday and I may seize the moment and I hate to eat my own words. ;)
Next: I really, really, really (REALLY!) love a good school teacher. I appreciate them, want to help them-wish I could pay them more!......Having said this, I will say that I do NOT enjoy lazy, pathetic school teachers. Allie, unfortunately, has the latter this year. Day after day her backpack comes home empty. No homework to do-ever. Allie says they do it all in class. hmmmm........no homework, no grading for the teacher. (Just sayin'.....) I tried calling the teacher, asking her what concepts are being learned, if some worksheets could be sent home and she told me to use the Internet as its a "great resource for teaching our children." and when I asked her if I could see corrected work sheets, she said that they were lost somewhere on her desk that she affectionately calls "the black hole" (don't get me started..) I have been frustrated to the point of tears with this woman and then when I found out that Allie's math scores have dropped, I nearly lost it. SO-after about $40 spent, I bought my own workbooks and I am now basically doing my own thing with her. I found another 4th grade teacher that gave me the curriculum and told me what she should be proficient on.
BOO!-to crappy teachers. Hooray-for the ones that care.


And now on to Black Friday. Most of the stores are opening Thanksgiving night. RUDE.
Those poor employees that probably dread that day more than any other day of the year, and now have to leave their families on Thanksgiving night. Rude.
(*I would like to say that I will take a stand, boycott every bit of it, stay in my bed until Black Friday, stand up for the people!..........but the truth is, I will probably be there-in my flannel pjs, glasses and pissed that people started lining up while I was still enjoying green bean casserole. ahem*)

ANWAY-they have ruined Black Friday. Looks like we have to call it Gray Thursday. Rude.

Most of you have Facebook right? Right. That is why I don't get comments here anymore-much easier to comment there. So I am sure you saw my picture of Paul and his latest holiday purchase? As in......our 12ft. Santa?-if you missed it, go look and remember that my husband is 6' tall. He went to Home Depot to buy.....wall putty? Yes, I think that is what it was and what he came home with was a great big tacky blow-up Santa. By damn, we are going to look every bit the part of a commercialized Christmas! He blew it up in our family room and I thought I might die from laughter. Paul was so happy. Smiling huge, chest puffed out, hands sweeping with grandeur....."LOOK!......at my Santa!" he said, dramatically. HAHA! It was almost as funny as when we were trying to fit our 9.5 Ft. Christmas tree in the family room. Just almost-I find situations even funnier when Paul starts getting pissed. HA! I told him that I only allow one blow up Christmas decor at a time(and never, NEVER the one that is a snow globe with fake snow blowing around in it).
I mean honestly, this could get really out of hand. We could turn into that house that people go on a drive to look at-you know the house, the one that you sit in front of and say, "How? Why? They had to have started stringing lights after Memorial Day!" *sigh*-This is what happens when you marry the modern day Clark Griswold. (By the way, I had someone ask me who Clark Griswold is. WHA??!! Christmas Vacation-go watch it. Wait...don't. It might be rated more than PG-13. Okay, watch for it to be played on t.v.-they clean it up a little).

STILL haven't potty trained Olivia. So sue me.

I have to speak at Young Women's Evening of Excellence tonight. WHA??!! I know, I know.....they caught me at a weak moment. Actually, they caught me with a car FULL(8 to be exact) of drama queens. It was loud-I wanted to get off the phone-so I agreed. They said I would be funny and entertaining. The problem.......my humor tends to get me in trouble. SO-I made sure that it passed the "if I will read it to Allie, then it's good" test.
Monday I had my laser hair removal appointment. (Yes, I do. Yes, it works. Yes, it's worth it) but I had some reaction on my eyelids this time and I now have what looks like the "smoky eye" without any makeup on. Bonus.
I currently want: to sell my family room furniture, my Tahoe, my kitchen table and on some days.....Paul. No, that's not right. It's Olivia. hahaha.....
Seriously though, I've got what I call "the itch" to change a lot of things. When I get in these moods you can find Paul in his man-cave, rocking back and forth and sucking his thumb. It's not easy folks, not easy. ;)
I am almost done with my kids for Christmas. The Internet is a glorious thing(Just ask Allie's teacher). Put in the basket, check out and a few days later the man in brown shorts delivers. It has saved my life because the minute I take Olivia to a store she turns into the spawn of Satan. Then I want to sell her......just kidding, Mom.





Lastly,and the most random, Michael Buble singing Santa Baby may be the scariest thing I have heard in a long time. It's wrong on so many levels. ;)

1 comments:

Tori said...

This post had me busting up! Your blog is definitely one of my favorites to see at the top of "recently updated" list!!