Saturday, October 8, 2011

Horses,Rivers & Taylor Swift......OH MY! ;)

Every time I look at my computer, I think, "I need to update my blog!" So because it decided to turn into winter(over night!) in Utah, I took advantage of this freezing Saturday to finally get it done. First an update: THE FENCE IS DONE. Hallelujah!
I told Paul that he is not allowed to start anymore projects for at least one year.......and I would like to tell you that he listened to me but at this very minute as I type I can hear the saw and the pounding of nails. He is now building a workbench in our garage. I'm beginning to think he has adult ADD. ha..

About a week ago, I went out to my parents and took some pictures of them and their horses. They turned out to be some of my favorite pictures I have ever taken. Later my mom told me that the last time her and my Dad had pictures of just the two of them was for their engagement pictures! I'm glad that I had the chance to capture just the two of them doing what they love in the place they love most. :)










This was my favorite-hands down! I titled it, "Let the cowboys ride" - You title your pictures, you ask? No.....but this one I did. It deserved a title. And "Let the Cowboys Ride" is a line from one of my favorite Bob Seger songs. Of course. ;)












This picture sums up my Olivia perfectly. Such a goofy, crazy, sweet little girl! Since Allie and Easton have started school, it's just me and her all day and I am absolutely soaking it up! If there is a positive to having "lots of space" between the ages of your kids, then this is it. I feel like I was able to have lots of one-on-one time with each one of my kids. Before Easton came along it was just me and Allie and I soaked that up too. She was my sidekick and best friend and when Allie went to school, she left me and Easton together for a large part of the day-he was my buddy and now I am getting that same kind of time with Olivia. I know how fast it goes so I am trying to be really present in each moment. I am SO enjoying this phase of my life. I am in love with being a mom(as corny as that sounds) but I am! I really feel like I am in my element and I am thoroughly enjoying every minute. It wasn't always like this for me-I feel like it took awhile for me to really embrace what I do and now that I have, there is no other thing I would rather be doing-and that is the truth. :)









This is Allie's 4th grade picture. I don't like the ones they do at the school, so I do my own. She is SO busy and starting to show signs of "pre-teen" mood swings. I have found recently that we are all happier if no one talks to her over breakfast. HA! I'm scared for my future.....;) By the time she is ready to leave for school though she is usually my happy, sweet Allie again. She is going to be in our High School's production of "Joseph & the amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and is excited and busy working towards opening night.


Can you believe that I have a 1st and 4th grader? I can't possibly be getting older-I still feel the same as I did in 4th grade myself! At some point I HAVE to grow up. I can't possibly be this immature and have an almost 10 year old. ;)





In September I threw all my worries and caution to the wind and joined Paul on a 5 day river rafting trip. It took me WAY outside my comfort zone in almost every way possible-but wouldn't you know?.......I LOVED IT!


Get this: I couldn't talk to my kids(no cell phone coverage), had to poop in a bucket(Yes, you read that right) had to pack as light as possible, live in a swimsuit, sleep on the ground, go through class IV rapids, beware of poison ivy & oak, no showers or makeup,eat whatever was cooked-which meant letting go of my "wash your hands and don't touch my food!" phobia, act like an "outdoorsy" girl-(when we all know that I am a self-proclaimed "inside" girl), etc....


and let me repeat


I LOVED EVERY SINGLE, SOLITARY, MINUTE.




Once I let go of all my inhibitions and worries-I began to try things I would never try. I was open to the entire experience and it paid off! From the minute we got in the boats I didn't really think of my kids the rest of the trip-I knew they were in the best hands(my parents), I was able to take in the beautiful scenery and nature around me, meet some of the most wonderful people that in the beginning were strangers and are now good friends. The food tasted wonderful, I slept like a baby, walked barefoot at camp, got completely filthy and star gazed until my neck hurt and the best part was doing it all with Paul. It was nice to get away from everything at home and just hang out with my best friend. (Again....with the corny-I know, I know!) Honestly though, it was nice to be reminded that I wouldn't want anyone else by my side. It was amazing and I can't wait to go again-yep, I'm going again, in a heartbeat. :)


This is the kind of scenery that I had for 5 days! I had withdrawals for days when we got home.


Paul had to physically close his mouth when he looked out and saw me on the paddle board. Like I said, I was open to trying things I would have NEVER done the week before. So fun and next year I am determined to try the kayaks.





The brainwashing starts young at our house.....;) Actually, Easton doesn't really even care to watch football-and my kids are going to USU-or we don't pay. HA! Easton is doing really well being at school all day. That first week made me so sad. I missed him at lunch time but honestly the kid has been waiting to go to school all day for years now. He does well in school-and it comes easily for him, which makes it nice for me. He has been playing flag football and I think Paul has him somewhat clued in to which way you even run. haha! I love our mornings together-he likes to watch old cartoons on my Ipad while he eats breakfast and hearing him belly laugh is probably one of the best parts of my day.....that and he still yells that he loves me as he is heading to the bus stop. Can I hope that doesn't ever stop??? :)



And finally after months and months of waiting..........the TAYLOR SWIFT concert!!! These pictures are backwards-but check out how close we were! I could see her eyelashes, which made me feel a little better about the price I paid for tickets-but only a little. It was a fun night and it really was an amazing concert. That girl puts on a show like no other I have ever seen. The best part was hanging out with just Allie for the night. It was like a glimpse of what is to come-that is if she will let me tag along. ;)


We met up with my good friend and her little girls and the whole ride down was-LOUD. We had Taylor Swift music blaring and then when they saw her trucks, they screamed bloody murder. haha....it was fun. Loud, but fun.


It was so fun to go with these guys-Amy is a friend of mine for forever. We actually cheered together in High School, so it was fun to go together with our girls!


Who's the dork that decorated the car, you ask? Why that would be me. (Hey, when you spent what I did on those tickets you have to make it a really, really big deal-haha...) It also just made it more fun. I had written on one side to "Honk if you love Taylor Swift" and we got honks all the way down which would illicit even more screaming from my car. HA! Too fun....







Okay-now I am somewhat caught up! I love this time of year-lots of exciting things coming up, even if that just means listening to Christmas music. ;)

0 comments: