Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I believe in fairies.

Every day I drive Allie to school and every day she gets a little teary and says, "How many hours until I am home again?" and so I tell her how many. Wednesday's are good days because she gets home early. Allie likes Wednesday's. She also likes Friday's because she gets to stay home on Saturday and Sunday. When I drop her off in the mornings she hops out of the car and says, "I love you! Promise I won't throw up?" haha... and THEN she walks up to the door of the school and stands there and waves and I'm talking a BIG wave. Hand extended way over her head and waving as fast as she can and I roll down the window and stick my hand out and wave back at her until we can no longer see one another. (I'm sure we are quite the scene!). When she gets home from school, me and Easton are usually waiting for her on the back steps and when we come into her view, she sprints towards us yelling, "Mama!" Today I went into her class to help her teacher. Allie was so excited to have me in there and as I left she walked me to the door and hid her head in my side and started to cry. When I asked what was wrong she told me that she just misses me at school. *sigh*


Here is the thing: Allie does well in school. She loves her teacher, has lots of friends, loves learning....she just happens to love me more than all of those things and you know what? I'm good with that! :) I know it won't be like this forever.
Tonight we went to Ogden, just the two of us to get some last minute Halloween costume stuff and on the way home she said, "Mom, do you know what I believe in? I believe in Heavenly Father, Jesus, Santa, ghosts and Fairies." I told her I believe in those things too.

The point is-I wish I could freeze how she feels right now forever! Please don't let that change! PLEASE! I hope she always loves me as much as she does right now. I hope she always feels like waving at me(even if I am in sweat pants, glasses and the Big-O tire shirt they throw out at the parade) until she can no longer see me and I really hope that she always, always believes in Heavenly Father, Jesus and fairies. ;)

1 comments:

amy morgan said...

You made me tear up. (The music in the background didn't help!) So precious.