I'm so sad that Christmas is over! I took all my decorations down today and my house looks depressed to me. I get sad every year when it is over and I loathe January. I fight the blahs during this month-so maybe if I blog about our holiday it will help me feel better? Here are some of the highlights I want to remember.....
Outside the Capitol-freezing our butts off while my mom tried to figure out how to "zoom" lol!
SUGAR COOKIE DAY
Easton & Allie decorating "Santa's" cookies.....
Christmas Eve
We put a lot of miles on our car on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We have several places and parties to go to-but I'm not complaining~ It's nice to have so much family near by and to be so loved! We start at Paul's grandparents house. I have been going with Paul to his grandparent's on Christmas Eve since we started dating, so this year was my 15th year! Can you believe that? Time flies! After we leave the farm, we always head to my Mom and Dad's. My grammy Mel and Aunt Connie came and spent Christmas with our family this year, which for some reason just made Christmas more Christmasy(is that a word?). Probably because they were always part of my Christmases growing up. I love them! Aunt Connie even gave me LipSmackers-a tradition that has been going since I was about 13. Grandma told the kids about one of her Christmas memories and it made us realize just how blessed we all are. My mom always has some sort of little program on Christmas Eve and this year, I decided to make Allie and Easton sing together for it. I figure I only have a few years that Easton will actually do this kind of stuff for me! So anyway-here are my kids singing. It is only a small clip of their song -but enough that you can hear both of them. They made me cry everytime they sang this-I blame the pregnancy hormones!
I love being at my Mom's on Christmas. She has ALWAYS made Christmas so special. It is a great night for all of us and there is always lots of tears, hugging, major gift giving and laughing and I'm just nuts for my family. I am so glad that they are mine!
Mom,Dad,Grammy and Connie with all the kids...
Christmas Day
Christmas morning is always spent at our own house. Me and Paul sit up and watch White Christmas while we "wait" for Santa. (I think Paul only watches this for me-there is way too much tap dancing for him-I know it!) I'm more into the traditions of Christmas than the actual gift giving and getting. I rarely care what I get for Christmas...as long as I get to those "but we always do it" things on my list, but Santa came and everyone was SUPER happy with what he brought. It was a beautiful, "WHITE" Christmas!
"I got a toothbrush!" WHAT?! Out of everything-he went to that FIRST?! Maybe he was tired...
Come to our house and me and Allie will be baking "blueberry muffin tops" in an Easy Bake Oven! Is that not classic?!
Paul always spends the whole day assembling toys-I'm surprised he doesn't have carpal tunnel after this one...
Finally....Paul will know what it is like to be warm!!
I have no clue on the specs on this thing....but I know this: it is way faster, can hold a lot more pictures and it's much prettier than my old one. Santa must have thought I was very good this year! :)
Happy New Year everyone!

6 comments:
Cute pics Collee!! Atleast you made sugar cookies this year, I was too burnt out. I finally posted so you will have to check out my blog. I love that you have Easton in his high chair decorating the cookies. Poor kid, he will be ten sitting in that thing with anything messy.
haha...it's true! I stick him in there for anything messy. I keep wondering what I am going to do when the baby needs the highchair! He does sit with us at the table to eat though...:)
I love it - I feel like Christmas just passed by us so quickly. I still have Christmas up and lights are stilled turned on the tree! I am keeping it up one more week - Miss you and glad to hear you had a great Christmas. Love you!
I can't wait to see Allie and Easton on American Idol so I can say "Hey, I know their Mom and Dad" :) What good little singers! So CUTE!
Only 350 days 'til the next Christmas!
I loved the duet! Your kids are so cute! That is my favorite song...it gave me chills hearing them sing! Looks like you had a great Christmas. The only reason I was excited to get past Christmas this year was because I was that much closer to having this baby! We have not thought of many boy names, they are hard for me...I could think of a thousand girl names that I like. So if you have any cute boy names send them our way!
Aaauuuggghhh! Nicole, they are so stinkin cute! It made me cry too, gave me chills, and had Elli sitting in my lap asking over and over to "watch her cousins sing that beautiful song." We only watched it about 13 times, if you're wondering! Cute cute!
Post a Comment