Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread Traditions

One of our favorite traditions at Christmas time is making our Gingerbread house and Gingerbread tree. We have done this a couple of years now and it is so fun-and totally worth destroying my kitchen for! I love these few days just before Christmas-my shopping is done, presents are wrapped and now it is just a couple of days of fun and tradition! Tomorrow is "sugar-cookie day" and on Tuesday I am taking Allie to Ballet West's Nutcracker. This is her first time going to the Ballet and I can hardly wait! She even gets to meet the Sugar Plum Fairy at the end of the show. I love this time of year. Happy Holidays to everyone!!


Getting started....
Paul loves doing these-he sat up even after the kids were in bed applying hundreds of frosting icicles. He even used the word "lattice" tonight while frosting the gingerbread house. haha...I love that he enjoys this stuff as much as the kids do.

TA-DA!!!! The finished Gingerbread house. Pretty good huh?
Starting the tree....



Our 2008 Gingerbread house and tree!...


3 comments:

McFarland's said...

How fun!! looks likes Christmas at your house!

Anonymous said...

LUV THAT TREE! I haven't seen the tree before...:) cute! Great Memories!
and how fun to go to the ballet with your daughter...:) {Soon to be two daughers...}

merry christmas!

amy morgan said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on me' blog! I was thinking the same thing about your cute family . . . and that you are an AWESOME mom! Doing all these fun memory making activites! I've felt like such a dud this year 'cause we haven't done a lot of stuff like that. :( oops . . .next year! And you're even "great with child"!! Good job, Supermommy! Merry Christmas!