Monday, January 12, 2009

Baby Belly.....


My baby belly at 29 wks. Picture courtesy of Allie. She takes a picture of my belly every Sunday. I need to remember to put her up on a chair-the straight up angle is not attractive.

So I figured I need to do a baby update-for journaling purposes. I feel like this pregnancy is FLYING! In fact, I am starting to panic a little bit. I haven't done one thing to get ready for this baby. I have bought clothes-but nothing else and she is coming and coming SOON! I had a doctor's appointment last week and I have one more appt. in three weeks and then I start my every two week appointments! She is head down now(there went my excuse for a tummy tuck-dang!) and she weighs about 2lbs. She still covers her face and crosses her legs and my doctor keeps calling her "petite" which kind of worries me, but she assures me that she is growing just fine...she is just on the smaller side. I am still due April 3-so apparently she isn't small enough to change my date. This pregnancy, since the sickness went away, has probably been my very easiest-so far. I worried about being pregnant in my 30's because I had heard horror stories, but none of them have held true for me-yet. I could almost say that I have enjoyed this. Almost. I suffer miserably in the beginning, but it seems to be smooth sailing after the nausea subsides. I don't retain any water, so I don't swell and because she is so high I can still wear my pants if they are low enough-I think this is great. Paul, on the other hand is quite certain I am smashing her umbilical cord or zipping up her head! He demanded tonight that I start wearing maternity pants-so to ease his worry, I will. :) I get bigger every day though and today Easton told me that I was the biggest mommy ever. NICE. I imagine it is weird for them to watch me grow and change. Allie wasn't too excited that it was a girl at first. I think she worried about her "spot" in life, but now she loves to help me find clothes for her and made me buy this gold, shimmery tutu looking skirt from Old Navy just because the baby will "sparkle like a princess in the sun." Her words-exactly. I don't think Easton has a clue what is coming. All I know is that he wants to name her "Erica." He has actually told some people this is what we are naming her-and no, we are not! We have narrowed it down to a few, but we will have to see. We may just have to wait and see her little face! After my Dr. appointment, I went to Home Depot and bought the paint colors for the "girls" room. Paul is leaving for Florida this week and I am planning on painting while he is gone. I'm so excited to get a room ready for this baby! My other two were brought home to an apartment-so I have never got to do the full paint-and-decorate a nursery thing. Allie will have to share with the baby for awhile until our basement is finished this spring and then, if she wants, she can move downstairs to her own room again. Somehow I think the idea of living in the basement will keep her happy sharing with her sister though.....just a hunch :) So, while Paul works fast and furiously on the basement of the house, I will be working just as hard on the kids bedrooms upstairs. I like having the projects though and I think it will make time fly that much faster.

So for the current time, I am enjoying my "expectant" state. Now, talk to me in a few weeks when my belly button has popped out like a turkey timer and I can't see my feet and I'm sure I will be singing a different tune!;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh look at you!!! YOUR TUMMY!!
I miss that..{kinda, sorta}
HOw fun to paint a PINK room...yay!!!
I never got to do a baby room either till Charlee...so it was sooooo fun!

Thanks for sharing your UPDATES...Im exciting to see what she looks like :)

Hyde Family said...

You look so good and your are so little! Lucky you! How fun to shop for a girl....I am having a hard time looking for boy stuff. Somehow I always gravitate back to the girls stuff. But I am excited to have a little less drama in our house...hopefully!

Jessica Thomas said...

You look beautiful. I love it - but am glad it's not me! I'm glad you're feeling good. I can't wait to see you this weekend! Much love, always.

The Sumkos said...

Your belly is so much different since I last saw you, it's so cute!! I bet the room is going to look so cute, can't wait to see it!

amy morgan said...

You look darling! I looked like that at 3 months - not exagerating! Have fun painting. . . can't wait to see pics of the finished room . . .