Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween...from a "good-witch" & a Ninja!

Introducing......Glinda the good witch and Ninja dude! I told Allie that I thought she should be a witch this year instead of a princess(which is what she has gone as for the last 4 years) and she thought it about it for awhile and said,...."Okay, I will be Glinda the good witch." HA! She found a way to be a witch, but still wear a crown. And Easton? Well, the $3 sword was all it took for him to decide to be a Ninja!



WOW! The month of October has been FULL of Halloween activities for us. My kids have already worn their costumes five times to other parties, and Halloween isn't until tomorrow! Luckily, I feel like I really get my money's worth out of their costumes! My mom always has a Halloween party every year where she makes this yummy dinner that you eat out of a pumpkin and then we carve pumpkins and play games, but this year-Krystal and my Dad were gone and so we had to "alter" the party somewhat. We dressed all the kids up-met for pizza and then took all of them to see.....

Oh yeah! Opening night! I made Paul go and buy tickets the day before-just to make sure that we would see it. (We are a little crazy for HSM at our house!) It was so fun for Allie to see this movie with her most favorite people in the whole world...her cousins! I have to admit-I absolutely loved it too! We are currently listening to the soundtrack non-stop. That Zac Efron....holy moly! He is such a cutie! After the movie, we went back to my mom's house and carved pumpkins. We like to line them up and turn out the lights to see them all lit up. I love carving pumpkins! I will carve pumpkins even when I have no kids at home!


Then we had our neighborhood Halloween party. Every year we close down the streets leading into our neighborhood and everyone has some sort of activity for kids in their drive-ways. The lady who puts this together every year, also does hay-rides for the kids around our block. This year, we did musical chairs in our drive-way. (I picked an easy one!) It is such a fun event and my kids look forward to this every year. We have such an awesome neighborhood!



This is our good friends' little girl, Aubree. She decided to be Dorothy-so we had a Wizard of Oz thing going that night! I tried to get Easton to be the lion again this year..no such luck.



This is my "traditional" Halloween picture of my kids. I started this about two years ago and I have decided that I am going to make them do this every year-even when they are 18 and 16 and they don't want to! (I'll will put the third in when he/she arrives). I think it will be fun to look at how they change over the years.....(The one from last year is my header right now...)


I can't wait for Halloween tomorrow! I love taking my kids around trick-or-treating, but I also love staying at my house and answering the door to all the kids. When me and Paul were in graduate school, we never got trick-or-treaters at our apartment and I yearned for the day that I had my own house and trick-or-treaters knocking on my door! haha! Weird I know...but I LOVE it!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No not weird! When we were in Willard our house was on the highway, and we never got trick or treaters. So it is fun to finally get some!!
Cute costumes!!!

The Sumkos said...

I loved their costumes!!! They looked so cute. Also, growing up we never had trick or treaters, remember getting dropped off in Brigham?

Jessica Thomas said...

So cute . .. I love it. I'm glad you enjoy Halloween - there are a lot of party-poopers out there. It sounds like we need to move into your 'hood'. We had about 20 trick-or-treaters, total bummer. Our neighborhood was dark and dead. Miss you . . . did you get my facebook msg?

My Boys and Me said...

I love that very last picture. Their costumes are so cute. Looks like you had a great Halloween. By the way, are you feeling any better?
Callee