I had a conversation with a wise and wonderful friend today, that just totally lifted me right up to where I need to be! Don't you love those friends? I shall keep her in my life-boat forever! She called to see how I was feeling(crappy!) and to see how school has been for my kiddos. I told her that I was feeling a little sad for my Allie because she hasn't found that "best friend" at school and that I get the feeling she just kind of drifts between people. Actually, I think Allie will play with anyone that is willing to have fun and don't get me wrong-she isn't sitting at school eating lunch by herself, she just doesn't have that one buddy to always play with. Anyway, I was telling my friend this and she said, "Is Allie sad about it?" I told her that she could care less-she would rather play with her little brother any day of the week. She then went on to tell me that I should cherish this time. She told me, "One day your house will be inundated with teenage girls like mine is, and then Allie will have little time or use for Easton. Right now is the time that will cement your children together for later in life when they realize that nobody else matters but family. The best friends will come soon enough and then you'll be homesick for the day when it was just them playing together." It helped me feel better and even as I type this I can hear my kids outside playing and laughing on the trampoline. And I'm going to treasure it!
SO-here is a update on me being "knocked-up." ha! I'm MISERABLE. I started barfing over Peach Days-horrible! The Zofran didn't work after all. It turns out I'm one of the 2% that can't handle that drug. So I'm back on my own as far as the nausea goes. I am not very productive right now(this is an understatement) and I set small goals for myself throughout the day. Something like this: Do 1 load of laundry. Help Allie with spelling. Brush your teeth. I'm not kidding! My gag reflex is so bad that brushing my teeth is like the dreaded activity of the day. It's weird though because when you are barfing with the flu, absolutely no food sounds good, but when I am pregnant I can barf and as I'm rinsing my mouth out be yelling at Paul to go get me tiny-spicy chicken with ham-fried rice. (This was a real request the other night) I also crave gas station nachos! I have craved these every time I am pregnant. Yep. I'm like knocked-up white trash with a cherry-coke on the side. People often say to me, "oh you probably lose weight in the first trimester if your so sick!" HA! Never! I have NEVER lost weight while I am pregnant. I don't gain a lot total-but from the minute I am pregnant its on the up-and-up! I remember telling my doctor when I was pregnant with Allie that I was afraid I had Anthrax poisoning and that the baby was starving. He calmly looked at me and said, "You have gained 3 pounds-it's far from starving." He might as well have called me "porky" =) I'm also an emotional wreck. The stupidest things will make me cry. At the peach days parade I choked up when the flag came by. Tonight I saw that Dove commercial where the little girl promises to think of herself as beautiful-I lost it! I cried and cried over that little girl. And then there is my sense of smell-I could work for the drug force task and sniff out anything for them right now! I can smell everything and everything smells HORRIBLE! I about threw something at Paul the other night for smelling like Polar Ice gum. bleh! And church is the worst...especially on fast Sunday. All I could smell was bad breath and dirty hair. ewww. Other than that.....I'm good. =) A little pissy-but good. Oh and look......all my daughter wants for Christmas is her 4 front teeth!!
She looks like the quintessential first grader. I love her. And it's hilarious to watch her try and eat anything! She told me that she has decided to smile with her mouth closed until her teeth come in! Here is an example:
I've got to go lay down now-if Paul sees me blogging he might think I'm well enough to unload the dishwasher! hee-hee.

5 comments:
You're too funny, Nicole. "I'm good, other than being a miserable, grumpy, white trash, drug sniffer, I'm good." LOL! I remember too well how terrible it is. I was working at Walmart when prego with Kelsey, and every time I walked through the grocery back doors, it smelled like chicken noodle soup. Bleh! Still makes me sick to think about it.
I can't believe how old Allie looks in that last picture. All those pictures are so cute. I love it that your kids love each other. It almost made me cry reading about it. It's so sweet.
Ok, I am not laughing at your expense! I promise! You made my day, that was hilarious! You have a way with words. And I'm so sorry your so sick. That's an awful feeling. I am happy to say I will never experience that again!
Oh Colee - I miss you girl. I am so sorry to hear things are rough with the sickness - you need to milk it though - no dishes, cooking, laundry - it won't last forever! I am here if you need to cry, bitch or moan. I hate being prego and will keep you in my prayers. Hang on to that soda - it always did more for me than anything else. Umm. . . Coke - it is still a crutch for me.
This last pic of Allie with the bow - um .. . she's absolutely gorgeous! It was so good to read your blog - I miss hearing what's going on with you.
Love you!
JT
Okay I loved reading this last post. Maybe because I can totally relate! However, I think you are feeling worse then I am though and I hope it gets better real soon! Thanks for the nice post on my blog, it made me teary as well. Allie is so beautiful we need to get her and Brinley together to play. Brinley loves her! I hope you get better soon!
Oh Colee, you are funny! Hang in there, the worst is almost over. Nachos at the gas station, that is helarious!!
Post a Comment