Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday...

to Paul! His birthday was this last weekend. "One year older and wiser too..." We didn't do much because we leave for Florida in about a week-so we will party down there! We are so excited to get away just the two of us! The last time we took a big trip by ourselves was probably when we went to Cancun four years ago, so we are in NEED. Here is the best part though-our trip is completely paid for by Paul's work! He won a big award(because he is brilliant:) a few weeks ago and part of that award is that you and your spouse get to go to Florida to see a space-shuttle launch, tour NASA, meet the astronauts,etc.. I am so excited to see a space shuttle launch. My friend saw one a few years ago and she said it was so neat that she sat there and bawled as it went up. I can't wait to see it and hopefully I can get some cool pictures of it. We also have a few days to ourselves-so we are definitely going to Walt Disney World,Epcott Center and the beach. I get excited just writing about it! We are kind of counting this trip as our "early" 10 year anniversary trip, since when our anniversary rolls around we will have a 4 week old baby! I'm actually starting to feel a little better too. We were worried that my sickness would ruin our trip-but I think it will be okay. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and they told me that I could find out what it is then...but I'm not going to. For a few weeks I was starting to think maybe I should find out because it would give me something else to think about besides being sick, but I'm going to hold out. My gut tells me it is a little boy, which would be awesome for Easton. He is still soooo bored with his sister gone all day, and I'm not much fun for him either. I think Paul felt so bad for Easton just sitting in this house with "sick mom" that one day he took Easton to Wal-Mart and they came home with this....




So now I sit in the garage all day watching him go in circle after circle. He has gotten pretty good at it and we are hoping that he will get his sister to like riding her bike more.

I'm also so excited that it is Fall! I put out all my fall/Halloween stuff yesterday and I love how it makes my house look. We are still trying to decide what we are going to be for Halloween. Only Allie knows what she is going to be and I'm not going to tell but here's a hint...none of you will be shocked at her choice! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I go in your suitcase???? :)
I wanna trip like that!
GLADDDDD you are feeling better--yuck, I soooo remember!

I think that was darling of paul to get your little guy a bike---seriously, thats so sweet!

The Sumkos said...

That is the cutest little bike!! You guys are going to have a ball in Florida. No kids - wahoo!!!!