Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Papa, Gaga & baby horses....Does it get any better?

On Sunday I took my kids out to my parents house to play. Our church is at nine-so the day can get pretty long after church is over. My mom has been telling me about her neighbors miniature horses that just had babies. Can you imagine? Miniature horses having babies? They were so tiny! Easton was in seventh heaven and even Allie wasn't afraid of them. How could she be? They were the same size as our rocking horse! My parents live in the prettiest place on earth, but the best time in the country is definitely Spring. My kids get to see baby sheep, baby cows and now baby miniature horses! Its pretty much all in their back yard! It's awesome. I hated growing up in the country when I was younger, but the older I get the more I realize how lucky I was. I take for granted that I just grew up with horses all around me and ate eggs from our own chickens!(well-my family ate the eggs, I just had to wash them ewwwww!!!) I was pretty lucky...and my kids are really lucky. What they get to see and do at my parents house, most people have to pay an entrance fee! It was a great day!










3 comments:

The Sumkos said...

Cute pics Colee!!! You forgot to mention how nice it was growing up with the snakes and spiders. Ha ha!!

Jessica Thomas said...

Wow. Those are so cute. Lucky, lucky kids. Hadley has brought to our attention that the cows in back are pretty wild. She can't understand why they are always trying to wrestle each other. She has taken it upon herself to name them - Jumpin' Jack and Hoppin' Harry. I asked why she was naming them that - She said, "Because they are always jumpin' and hoppin' on the backs of the other cows - all of the time. Those cows just aren't fast enough to get away." Ha ha hah . . . oh I am so glad she is still so innocent. We had a good long laugh about that one.

You're kids are lucky - they have you for a Mom!

Missing you always,
Jess

Girls Rule said...

Cute Pictures!!! You need to tell us when you check those cute ponies- our kids would love to see those except they might trade ours in. you are a blogger.