Monday, May 23, 2011

Favorite Things

Let's pretend I'm Oprah and you are the audience-shall we? Alright-except I won't be giving you any of these things-you will have to buy them. haha...anyway, here it is: a random list of things that I love. Some of these things on this list have been my favorite for years and years-others are new(as in today..) Here we go!

Yummy house smells. I spend a FORTUNE($$$$!!!) on little pieces of wax that will melt and make my house smell a little like ethereal heaven. My current favorite? Salt City's Pink Lemonade. Oh. My. Word! SO GOOD! I have an entire drawer in my kitchen devoted to "smells". I would rather die than live in a house that smells like......house. It has to smell DIVINE or mama ain't happy. ;)
SOMEDAY. Hands down my favorite children's book. I found it a few years ago (I think at Target) and I read it right there in the aisle and I sobbed. I bought it and wrote a note to Allie on the inside-we call it "our" book, but I put it on this list so that you can go buy it and make it "your" book. (Just remember the tissue) Sweetest mother/daughter book-Ever. The end.





Acuvue Tru-Eye Dailies. The only contact lens that I can currently wear without wanting to scratch my eyeballs out. Upside?: I can wear contacts again. Downside?: They are the most expensive contacts on the market. $2 a day. BUT.....I can wear contacts again. My family might have to eat Ramen a few times a week.....BUT-I can wear contacts again. *ahem* Moving on.....;)





Mt. Dew This is what will probably kill me one day. I need it like a coffee drinker needs their morning cup-o-joe. I view my relationship with this beverage like an abusive relationship. It's not good for me....but I LOVE it SO much(said in my most whiny/needy/dependent voice) I've tried to break the cycle-but to no avail. *sigh* So, I've accepted the fact that at some point the Dr. will say, "Well, they have found that Mt. Dew causes.*insert scary disease here*" Until then.......I do the Dew-proudly.












Bob Seger. I found him in 1996-and this CD has been in every car I have owned since then. His music has literally been the soundtrack to the most major parts of my life. He crooned me through college, getting married, getting my first "real" job, having my babies and just this morning I cranked this CD while taking Allie to school. His lyrics, his voice, the music.....it all speaks to me(Corny-but TRUE! Step off!)
He sounds like home to me. In 2007 he came in concert and the nearest he came to SLC was to Las Vegas. I bought me and Paul single seat tickets(the best ones available) and made him drive me straight to MGM where I was able to see him sing live. It was a cross off on the bucket list. No joke. I made friends that night with people my parents age and it will go down as one of the best nights of my life. Amen. ;)


Pandora Internet radio. You put in your favorite artist and BAM! They create a whole radio station for you-based on what you like. Genius.

Ralph Lauren's Romance. My favorite perfume of all time. I wore it all while I was engaged and on my wedding day. One whiff of this stuff and I'm right back to May 11, 1999. A pretty good day, in my book.

Lemi-Shine. So they take phosphates out of our soaps and what are we left with? Filmy, yucky looking dishes. Well, not anymore! Go buy this. It's at Wal-Mart and it works-truly. It made me stop having turrets syndrome while I was unloading the dishwasher (The four letter words were flying) My glasses look pretty again. :)






ORECK vacuum. Now listen, I don't want to sound like a total housewife or anything-but THIS VACUUM CHANGED MY LIFE!!! I love it. I bought it for myself on Valentine's Day(HA!) and almost cried the first time I used it. I baby it. I haven't let anyone else use it. IF I were Oprah...you would all be going home with one of these.

Soul Surfer. I took Allie to see this on her birthday-and cried my way through most of it. Talk about an amazing movie! It's spriritual, it's uplifting, it's inspiring......It's a MUST BUY THE DAY IT COMES OUT DVD! Yes-that good. Go see it-oh and please stay out of shark infested waters.





The Five People You Meet in Heaven. The first time reading this book, I finished it and immediately started it again. My favorite book. I made Paul read it(okay, forced him to read it) so that I would have someone to talk too about it. If you haven't read it-I can't talk to you. If you have and didn't like it-I can't talk to you. ;) Really-I probably read this book at least once a year. I always like to think about who my five people would be....




Flowers. I spent $60 and most of today filling my flower beds and pots with flowers. The whole time I just kept thinking about how much I love having a home and making it a pretty place for my family to live. I hope we have homes in heaven. I LOVE creating a home.



White Chocolate Wonderful-Best peanut butter in the world. It has white chocolate in it-that's right, this ain't your momma's pb&j. Holy moly! Everyone I have introduced this too has LOVED it. Add this into Paul's famous no-bake cookies and you've got a little piece of chocolate/peanut butter heaven on earth. Go get it-and don't be alarmed that it's $7 for a tiny jar. Just do it-and then eat it directly from the container with a spoon. ;)




Strawberries. I think they are cute-AND, I can get Olivia to eat these instead of fruit snacks. Bonus.


Sunday Naps-need I say more?




Two year old pictures-hardest pictures to get! I don't think I have a quality picture of Allie or Easton at 2 so I was determined to get some with Olivia. You have no clue as to what I had to do to get these-but I got 'em. I truly "captured" her.







Good teachers- For seven hours a day I hand Allie off to this lady: Mrs. Fonnesbeck. One of the greatest teachers around. She has pushed Allie hard this year-but it has been appreciated. She loves what she does and it shows and in turn the kids LOVE her. A good teacher is priceless and I'm so thankful for her!
Lilacs- I cut these off my lilac bush that the kids gave me for mother's day almost six years ago. They looked so pretty and fresh and made my kitchen smell like heaven. They really made me happy all day. (If you don't have a lilac bush-there are plenty at the cemetery-HA!) I don't think anyone there would mind.....;)

So there you have it!I think I will do this again-because I've already thought up a million more "favorites" :)

0 comments: