Wednesday, April 14, 2010

In like a Lion....

I'm behind. So I've decided to dump some of my pictures of March from my camera and just describe what happened.

So in February Allie brought home a note from school explaining that all the second graders were being asked to complete an "at-home" art project. They are starting to learn geometry and they had to build either a castle or robot completely out of geometric shapes. I just LOVE when projects are sent home like this. (note the sarcasm) because what happens is that it becomes a contest between parents.(You know its true.) It also explained in the note that a FEW of the castles would be picked to be on display in the school library all next year.
GAME ON!(bahahaha) SO! Allie picked doing a castle (surprise, surprise) and because I'm not one to back down from a little parental competition(insert evil laugh here)I started saving every box from the Eggo's we eat, to the box that Olivia's diapers came in. I bought a glue gun, silver paint and $9 in jewels and crap and WA LA!!!...........


OUR CASTLE

Look how big it is. (I got excited and really into it) It barely fit in the back of the Tahoe and when I say "OUR" castle I use that term loosely. It's really mostly MINE and some of Paul's(he spray painted)and Allie approved the use of the colors. Pink and purple-of course!
As a side note: Allie's (MY) castle was one of them picked to be in the library. I wish I would have taken pictures of some of the "competition" because if you think hers looks like a lot...you should have seen some of them. It was like a dueling match between mom's and our choice of weapons were glue guns. Ridiculous...
OLIVIA TURNED ONE!
As much as I begged her to stop growing up so fast.....she still went and turned one-how rude! It was a fun day!-for her. A melancholy day for me. I actually made a DVD of pictures and video of her first year of life. It was set to music and looked a lot like my wedding video(not joking) and made me and my mom bawl our heads off. Think I'm having a hard time having my last baby??! Well, your right. I'm one step away from needing anti-depressants. The morning of her birthday, I dressed her up all fancy and took her to Costco and pushed her around and this sweet old lady came up and said, "She looks like a cupcake! So cute!" I grabbed onto her arm(the old ladies) and began to tell her that exactly one year ago and at that VERY moment one year ago I was having her(Olivia) and about how wonderful she is and how sad I am and that we are having a party tonight and on and on and on...............she finally got away from me(the old lady) and continued to pick out her pork. I then called Paul and told him that I'm having my IUD removed right now! *silence* He said he was busy. (Why is he always so busy? I was having a existential meltdown in the bulk warehouse and he was BUSY? Whatever......;) But party we did! We spoiled her rotten and kissed her cheeks raw. I can't imagine that we ever lived without her.
The birthday girl...yes, those are feathers on her head. Cuteness multiplied by 100 I tell ya.



Opening her gifts....


The White Five......


A baby! My baby loves babies! She picks them up and pats their back like I do to her. Which is a good thing because Allie informed me that she is NEVER going to have babies. She explained that she wouldn't have time for babies while on tour. *silence* I then told her that she could have them and I would watch them for her because I didn't get my fill with three. (That's a hint for you Paul....mwahahaha!)

I was going to buy one of those expensive sheet cakes.....but I got a hankering for yellow cake with chocolate frosting and since I'm the one who "birthed" her, that's what we had. :) The frosting was divine.

A baby with her baby stroller. Stop. I could die........(Dear heaven, thank you for sending me another bundle of pink. I hadn't gotten it all out of my system with Allie. PS-I'll take another if you have one wandering around.) Again, that was for you Paul. This is just funny now.



With Gaga and Papa. Look at my Dad! He's melting away. I wish I would have gotten a picture of him standing up. He has lost so much weight!! People ask me all the time what he is "doing" and honestly he is just eating healthy. No pills or shots....just good food. :) I'm proud of him-GO Dad!


She ate all the frosting off one cupcake. Which was A LOT of frosting. Very entertaining. Very cute, but not so cute when she woke up at 3 a.m. crying with a bad tummy. THAT was annoying. And I felt bad. By the way...her shirt said: "I'm the birthday girl, now gimme some cake!" Oh stop it.

We started Easton in soccer. He loves it. He actually is pretty good and I run drills with him in the back yard. Okay that was an exaageration. Really I ran one drill with him and was winded....haha. He looks cute out there and I love yelling, "GO Easton!!" I have a feeling a I will spend a lot of years yelling that same thing over and over. Happy to do it. :)


Easter/conference Sunday. I took two pictures. WHAT?! Yeah, I may have actually sat the camera down and just ate and played. It was nice. Here are two of my pictures. Could you die over her hair? I tell her that she had to wait a LONG time for it to come in, but man! She has the prettiest hair. Natural curl to die for.....She is eight soon and I'm sad. Am I really old enough to have a eight year old? I know I don't act like it....

My song bird. :) She sings to me all the time and I LOVE it. Whatever ancestor she inherited her voice and singing from, I thank them! She is still in piano and loving it. I need to put a video on of her latest song. You will be shocked at what she is playing in less than a year's time in lessons. Money very, very well spent.

I had a birthday! One year older and wiser too.......at least I can hope. I love where I am right now. Now if I could just figure out how to make it slow down a bit. I spent the day carpooling my kids around and changing diapers. Exactly what I hoped to be doing at 34. :) Paul did give my wedding ring an "update" and I love it. Love him.

So that is about all for the month of March. April is flying by and May is the big month of EIGHT for Allie. I'm doing her pictures soon at the Salt Lake Temple in her dress(which has yet to be found) but I can't wait to share them. Wow. I need a diet coke! Laters alligators. :)

3 comments:

Lish Fish said...

You kill me. Love the pic of Allie by the window. So pretty. Happy birthday to you and Olivia.. :)

Tori said...

I LOVE your blog updates. I'm always sitting here lauging to myself while everyone else is in bed and Jason wants to know what is so funny. I tell him "Nicole is" haha cute kids!

Rich and Tyra said...

Cute blog! Thanks for telling me about it! I will be checking back in often! :)