Thursday, January 7, 2010

Holidays.....in reverse.

For some reason all these pictures loaded in reverse. So you get to see our Holiday...starting with New Years and going backwards to mid-Dec. Its like our 2009 Holiday in hind-sight!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! We let the kids bang pots and pans up at the cabin. It was loud and hilarious. Look at my Dad....always one of the kids! haha..
Playing games with Papa.


Paul and Easton on one of the snowmobiles pulling the sleds around.


The girls going for a "spin"

Does it get any cuter than this? Lily! She is too cute for words and she acts like she is 22. Love her. Look at how tiny she is and guess what she got from Santa? Her own ski's and season pass. I'm. not. joking.
Dax....He is hilarious!! He was always covered in snow. Two minutes outside and he was COVERED!

Allie and Libbie...
Paul,Allie and Easton

Me, Allie & Easton

Allie blending right into the snow!





Before I had kids I swore that I wouldn't let them wear clothes that had cartoon characters on them.......well, I gave in(a long time ago! Allie wore every peice of princess merchandise around) Easton loves this Transformer hat more than life itself and how can I not love it too? I mean look at that face? He can wear whatever he wants. :)


Olivia,Landi and Allie just hanging out at the cabin. Its the best part of going up there! One day not one of us got out of our pajamas. It was wonderful. :)

Paul harassing his little brother Vic.....this was Christmas day at Grandma White's house.

Santa brought Olivia the Elmo Live doll. She didn't know what to think of him and then when he started talking and singing at her, she promptly punched him to the ground. He's layed there ever since....
Allie got a karaoke machine. She uses it ALOT. Its very, very LOUD, but I must admit that I have had some fun with it too. The other night while Paul was watching football, I picked up the mic and started singing the theme from Bodyguard to him. It didn't move him in anyway-I'll tell you that. ;)
Again, this is in reverse order. This is me about to get body slammed with a hug from Easton. He was so excited to get.....
His machine Nerf Gun. It shoots out 50 darts in 2 seconds. Not fun when your the target.
Look at his face. He knew exactly what it was. Score for Mom for the best present. Or at least I thought it was the best present until he got..... HIS OWN GOLF CLUBS! Dang Paul went and out did me. The Nerf Gun was quickly forgotten. He has been asking for his own golf clubs for a long time now and he was SO excited. He can't wait to go out golfing with Dad. He is pretty dang good at hitting the ball-which is more than I can ever do.
"MY OWN GOLF CLUBS!!"

He wondered for weeks what the BIG present under the tree was. For awhile he was hoping it was a gun. Can you imagine? The way he shoots his Nerf Gun means he won't be getting a gun anytime soon. I'm afraid he would shoot MY eye out!

Allie is our book-worm. LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to read. She begged and pleaded to get.....

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. Have you heard of these? Or read them? They are funny and she had three of the four read in one week. Serious book worm here. Santa brought the Wii and we have since discovered that Allie is a true "gamer" She has almost mastered MarioKart while I on the other hand am still trying to figure out where the "b" button is. I am however gonna buy Jillian Michaels Wii workout....that can be MY game.
THIS was the present that I was the absolute most excited about giving. About two years ago, I was sitting on my parents patio with my camera. The sun was setting and I snapped a picture of my Dad's horses. When I showed the picture to Paul, he said, "You HAVE to give that to your Dad for Christmas!" So we did. I had my mom pick out the matting and frame and it turned out gorgeous! It looks so good in their home and my Dad loved it. It made my Christmas. :)

My Dad looking at the picture and realizing that it is of his horses and property. He got a little teary eyed....which again, made my Christmas.

Just so you can see what the picture looked like.....


"I won't wear a bow and you really think I'm gonna wear these?" She promptly pulled them off and chewed off a bell which sent me into hysterics and sweeping out her mouth. Cute picture though...
I always have a sugar cookie day with my kids. My blown-out belly button tried to interfere....but we persevered and cookies we made!! My mother-in-law gave us these matching aprons to wear. (3 days post surgery. Not bad-eh?)


Olivia ate wet-wipes while we frosted cookies....notice the bare feet. NEVER, EVER keeps her socks on. I look like a bad mom when I take her to Wal-Mart and her piggies are hanging out. I've given up the fight though. She wins. I lose. See how its gonna be for her?


Because Buzz Lightyear pajamas and a gingerbread apron are oh so HOT! Paul was like, "Can you get my son out of that apron?" To which I replied...." If you get him out of those pajamas." (I was still milking the whole, "I just had surgery. I can't" thing. )


Lets talk about that surgery. OW! OW! OW! For two days I thought my insides were on fire and then on day three?? .....it was like it hadn't happened. Strange! I was completely fine and carried on with the Holiday hustle and bustle like nothing had happened. The worst part? I couldn't lift anything for a solid week-including my baby. Paul took off work and had to completely become Mom. The plus of that? Him and Olivia bonded like glue. The negative? Him and Olivia bonded like glue! My baby had no use for me. She only wanted dad. In a matter of days I was completely replaced and she became Daddy's girl. She would occasionally throw me a bone and nap with me, but only because her dad was doing laundry.


Here is the proof that girls need their mom! Paul got them all dressed. Look at how many different patterns are going on here with my girls. I didn't care.....my belly-button had just been seared and I think we were on our way to Willard Bay lights. Paul was able to put a pony-tail in Allie's hair. More than I thought he could do......(he grew up in a house of all boys. Pretty impressive if you ask me).

Olivia is nine months old! AND??? She loves baby dolls! AAAHH! Allie would never play with babies. She loved barbies and that was it. So maybe, just maybe, I will be able to buy the "baby" stuff. She is into everything! We have entered that stage where you can't take your eyes off of her for even a moment. This morning she crawled over by the front door and ate a dead bug. I had seen it there earlier and thought, "I need to mop that up." but then was bombarded by breakfast and doing hair and packing lunches....and SO, she ate that little(teeny-tiny) bug. I saw it in her mouth and tried to get it out but she swallowed it and proudly smiled at me. I can't think about it anymore. She is bald. As bald as Allie was. I rub her head trying to get the blood flowing up there.....but nothing is happening. We just make bald babies! The little wisps that are there are dark though. Well, darker than my other two were. So we are hoping for curly brown hair by 2020. ;)

3 comments:

Tori said...

wasn't there a surprise for Paul that you were so excited to get him? what was it, or am i thinking of someone else?

McFarland's said...

Nicole - I love looking at your blog, it makes my day when i see that you have added a new post. Keep up the good work - Kelly

amy morgan said...

I love that you made your Dad cry! Not because I like people to cry, but because I know how AWESOME if feels to finally have the perfect gift for someone you love so much! HOORAY ;) And I'm glad you were up and at 'em so quickly after your "under the knife" time!