Friday, February 8, 2013

Skiing...

January came to an end-can I get a hallelujah?!...and February is off to a great start, seeing that I've been skiing twice in this month-and it's only the 8th today. I am completely obsessed with it. Skiing, that is.  We have several other "ski dates" on the calendar and it's pretty much what sees me through these gray winter days. I can't get enough of it!

                                                                     (from the lift at Powder Mountain)


I love going skiing with Paul. He is hands down, my very favorite ski buddy(even though he is on a snowboard)- together we have a good "flow" on the mountain. We both ski at pretty much the same level and like to go at the same pace-that pace being, "get on that mountain and get as many runs in as your body will possibly allow from 9am-4pm!"-haha-I'm serious though.  We only visit the lodge for lunch-30 minutes max. I will admit....I will sit out a run here and there and wait for Paul at the top of the mountain.  I like to tell myself and HIM that its because skiing takes more skill & finesse than snowboarding and that my 5'2" to his 6' is working much harder. (There is no truth to any of that. None whatsoever, it just makes me feel better ha...)

I feel like I am getting better all the time-and I try and push myself-within reason...but I have no interest in twisting,turning or breaking anything at this point in my life-ha!-BUT, a little black diamond doesn't scare me much anymore. ;)


The very best part about skiing is that it gives me and Paul something to do together.  Something that we both love as much as the other one does and that doesn't always involve our kids.  I enjoy spending the day with him and talking(uninterrupted) on the chair lift.  He's good company and a good co-pilot down the mountain.....and in life.  Yep-I went there. Cheese overload.  It's totally true though-he's my favorite human ever. True dat. ;)



Less than two weeks until our Disney vacation! Paul is the ultimate Disney trip planner. Seriously.  Our trip and all the planning he did has its own spreadsheet on his computer.  Ask him a day and time and he will tell you where we will be.  Ask him why we are going on the dates we are going and he will talk for a half hour about "line projections"  haha.....it pays off though. We have yet to wait longer than 25 minutes for any of the rides.  People should hire him. Maybe that could be his retirement job. ;)

1 comments:

Tori said...

When we are ready for our Disney trip, I'm totally going to hire Paul to help us out! Can he also help us out with maximizing the fact-to-face time with a few select princesses? haha!
Love the ski pictures, although the view behind the black diamond sign scares me, you can't even see the trail! I need a hobby, but skiing isn't it, unless there's a boat and a rope involved! :)