Well.......we just got home from the closing night of Annie. Whew! That was sad. I thought I was prepared for the level of sadness, but....... not. at. all. Imagine 13 girls crying, hugging, promising friendships of forever and exchanging numbers and email addresses.
*It was hard*
I don't know what words could ever describe this experience. None of the actors get paid-not even the adults. They work countless hours and give up so much of their family and free time and some might say, "For what?" I think a year or two I wouldn't have understood it either-but now I do. What they create is a little bit of magic. I love the theatre(to watch, not act) and I love disappearing into another world for a few hours and watching those perform their art. Amazing.
Tonight, Phoebe, the girl who played Annie gave all the orphans heart lockets that were inscribed with "Best Friends" on the front. Yeah. That pretty much got the tears rolling-and they wouldn't stop.
I was there opening night, most of the "middle" nights and for closing night and it really did get better every time.Now we gear up and get rested for what is ahead. I don't know that the Christmas Pageant will be able to compare to Annie-I'm not sure anything ever will, but I do know this:
Wether it be opening, middle or closing night.....if she is performing, I will be there. :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment