(Easton at 3 mos.)
My little boy is four-I can hardly believe it! I hate that he is growing up on me, but yet I love the little person that he is becoming. I have been thinking about the day he was born all day today. I call him my "turkey-baby" because I took him home the day before Thanksgiving and we couldn't have been more thankful for anything in our lives! When he was born, I remember not hearing him really cry and asking Paul if he was okay. I remember Paul turning to me with the biggest smile and saying, "He is gorgeous!" And he really was the prettiest baby I had ever seen. (Allie was cute too-but she was so mad that it took a few hours before I could get a good look at her :) When they handed Easton to me, I remember feeling like I knew him-really knew him and knowing that he was supposed to be my little boy. We will be forever "thankful" for Easton! 
This morning I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day and Easton came in with a pirate sword in one hand and a gun in the other. He was banging around and smacking me, the toilet, and the tub with the sword when all of a sudden he stopped, looked up at me in the mirror and said..."You look tute(cute) Mommy." He is always telling me that something about me is cute or pretty. (Is his future wife lucky or what?!)This about sums up Easton for you. He can go from full throttle testerone to the sweetest most sensitive boy around.(Easton at 18 mos.)

Easton asks a MILLION questions a day. He is curious about everything-why it works that way, why we have it all, etc... His questions range from, "Why do we have clouds?" Why did we have dinosaurs?" Why do we need stoplights?" and then the other day, I got this one...."Mommy, why do girls sit down to go to the bathroom?" haha....go ask your dad!
(Easton-2 years old)
A few weeks ago, I was telling Easton about missions and how when he is 19 he will go far away and teach people about Jesus and our Church. I told him about how his daddy went to D.C. and taught a lot of people for two years. He sat there and listened to me for a minute and then said, "I don't want to go on a mission." When I asked him why he said...."because I would miss you soooo much." (*sigh*) Me too-Bubba. Me too.(Easton-3 years old)

I wish I could click my heels, snap my fingers...whatever it would take to keep him little forever. But I can't. So I will try to soak up every day and memory with him(even when I am ready to give him to my mother:) Happy Birthday Bubba! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect boy. We love you...to the moon and back!(Easton-4 years old)


5 comments:
Sorry I haven't been here for a while. I miss hearing your stories and seeing your too cute kids. Happy B-day Easton. He's such a cute little guy.
Happy Birthday Easton!!!Such a cute boy! Very cute post!
I love to read your posts! He is such a cute little boy, it makes me even more excited to have one of my own.
K, he seriously is the cutest thing! WOW~ what a charmer.
Did you have fun on your vacation??
Happy birthday bubba!! We love you! I can't believe how fast it is going. Looking at those pics of him as a baby makes me sad. Cute background Collee.
Post a Comment